Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it Pulled me out of Garden

tag
chewchowlady
Valued Member

Discover it Pulled me out of Garden

I went a mild, ok - crazy - app spree in the beginning of October and told myself and all of you, I would be gardening until May. However.......

When I came home today I found a pretty silver envelope for Discover It... one of the two cards I still wanted to add to my wallet. (BCE is the other one). It was an invitation to apply. Me being me, I'm immediately going hmmmm, they probably ran a SP on me and will use that to determine if I am still credit worthy to them. Couldn't stand myself, had to try. I went to the website, entered my invitation code - all my information self populated. Filled in a couple of other questions, hit submit, closed my eyes, looked up at the ceiling. I pretty much assumed I would see the Thank you for applying, you should receive something in the mail in 7-10 business days, thanks for trying shmuck...." but low and behold, when I looked back down, it said "Congratulations! You have been approved". 

It allowed me to set all my account preferences and setup an online id - which I tried to use, and it tells me it will take 4-5 business days to be ready.. (what?????)

Anyhow, my question is this. It never told me my limit. Is there a way to find this out? I did input a couple of BTs to take advantage of the 0% for 14 mos, and I'm thinking perhaps they were over what my initial credit limit would be (I entered about $3500 in BT). I'm hoping it is decent, but I have seen some really low ones. Anyone know how I can find out the limit sooner than when I receive this pretty card? When it comes to credit, I am more impatient than sitting in rush hour traffic. For REAL!

Seedling:

Discover It 5.5K / OCCU Duck 5K / Sportman's Guide Visa 5K / Walmart Discover 4.2K / Citi AA Amex 3.5K / Chase Freedom 2K / Cap1 Quick Silver 2K / BOA Cash 2K / Amex BCE 1K - Too many store cards to list!

Garden since 11/14/2013 - No need to apply for any new credit until closing on my home! (Summer 2015)
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Irisa
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover it Pulled me out of Garden

Well, here's our escapee of the day  Smiley LOL

Congrats on the approval!  Call them and ask about your CL. 

See you back in the garden!

Message 2 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats and welcome to the family

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 13
chewchowlady
Valued Member

I called the number on the invitation to check the status, and the nice fellow told me my CL was $5,500. I said yahoo and hung up the phone. Do you think I would have any luck calling back to ask for a higher CL - telling them I want to give all my business to Discover? I don't have much more o/s credit to xfer, I xferrred $3500 of my outstanding $4500 - but was truly hoping for a 5 digit CL. Any ideas?

Seedling:

Discover It 5.5K / OCCU Duck 5K / Sportman's Guide Visa 5K / Walmart Discover 4.2K / Citi AA Amex 3.5K / Chase Freedom 2K / Cap1 Quick Silver 2K / BOA Cash 2K / Amex BCE 1K - Too many store cards to list!

Garden since 11/14/2013 - No need to apply for any new credit until closing on my home! (Summer 2015)
Message 4 of 13
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Congrats!  5,5K is a very nice CL especially from stingy Discover ...Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 13
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!  I do the same thing when I hit that apply button haha.

I think they may tell you to wait 90 days for a higher limit, doesn't hurt to ask though.

Message 6 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congratulations on your approval. Discover most likely, will not recon your initial CL.
Message 7 of 13
chewchowlady
Valued Member

Thank you all!!! I was very happy, as I have been pining over a Discover card since the begininning of my re-build (2008). I'm more than happy considering this will be my highest limit, next to the OCCU Duck (5k), and "cart trick" Sportsman's (5K) - Next highest after that is my Walmart Discover (4.2K) and AA Citi Advantage (3.5k) - both have been steady spenders in my wallet since 2008. Crazy. Probably going to cancel the AA Citi, as it has a $125 AF. Won't hurt my util, as I've added 17.5k avail credit in the past 30 days. w000t. 

Sitting in the garden until June. For real this time. LOL. .. . ... Hopefully. 

Seedling:

Message 8 of 13
knoregs
Established Contributor

Congrats!

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 9 of 13
12njoy
Super Contributor

Congrats.  I tried to recon my recent Discover credit limit and was told I had to wait 90 days, but it never hurts to try.  Again, congrats.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.