Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it cli finally

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover it cli finally

So Ive had the Discover it card for 9 months. I was initially approved for a $3,000 credit line. Ive gotten 2 soft pull increases of $500 each. 1 auto after 3 months right around the same time I requested my first cli. Ive spent $28,000 on the card since approval and I pay off my balance in full every month. Ive been very annoyed by these small increases based on my income and experience with high lines. So about a month and a half ago I stopped using the card. Have a couple of auto bill items for $60 total still running through.

So I hit my three month mark again and applied for an increase, got the two day message. Today I log in and I got a $1500 increase. Finally! Hope this means im out of that $500 rut
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover it cli finally

Nice congrats , hopefully this is a very good sign for you.
Message 2 of 16
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

You are now cleared for take off!  Please use taxi to runway 23 right.

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

my discover started at 1600 i ask  for several increase but keep getting denied  anyway congrats

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the new CLI! I've heard others say that once they started putting smaller spend on the card, they began to see higher increases! Hope the increases keep coming for ya'. 

Message 5 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, if that turns out to be the case Itspossible, eventually ill get in the Everest club lolSmiley Happy

Congrats Op, with that kind of spend youve put on it youll always have a place at our soon to be annual Disco partySmiley Wink.
Message 6 of 16
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the new CLI! I've heard others say that once they started putting smaller spend on the card, they began to see higher increases! Hope the increases keep coming for ya'. 

I've been preaching this method for awhile now when people have been trying to max their card out and make multiple payments and not seeing much luv when hitting the button.  last year I put under $5K on the card and got $29K in increases out of them.  I think that qualifies as less is more with Disco.  Of course it's always a YMMV situation but, the majority of those switching spending to lower levels have reported more success when pulling back.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Lol, if that turns out to be the case Itspossible, eventually ill get in the Everest club lolSmiley Happy

Congrats Op, with that kind of spend youve put on it youll always have a place at our soon to be annual Disco partySmiley Wink.

Hi AJC!! I know right! Seems counterintuitive, but ...Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Austinguy! I was thinking of you when I wrote my post. It seems counterintuitive, but it seems to work.Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 16
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Austinguy! I was thinking of you when I wrote my post. It seems counterintuitive, but it seems to work.Smiley Happy

It works pretty well doesn't it?

Couonterintuitive is why I put my threads together to shed some light on how to max Disco out when it comes to the CL.  They're great if you know how to work them.  The growth has been amazing since opening them not so long ago.  Finding some of the nuances and documenting them has helped so many people Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.