Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Discover it cli wow!!!!

I opened this card appx a year ago with a 1700 limit, after 6 months or so I took a hp and got cl to 3000. At beginning of this month I had a few baddies age off so I tried to get a sp cli thru chat. They couldnt do it with a sp so I was like ok do hp(only 3 inquiries on transunion) This also came back denied. I waited a few minutes and called backdoor number. A very nice analyst agreed to go over credit report with me. She told me if computer picks up any baddies it usually auto denies. (I have one left due to fall off in april 14) She noticed the multiple payments a month no lates etc and asked to put me on hold. A couple minutes later she said you have been approved for a new credit limit of 8000. Thats pretty good considering I took the hp. She also said if I dont feel the 8000 is enough to call back in 3 months. Im beyond ecstatic!!!!  Now all I need is to get approved for an amex revolver and I will be done(have a prg)   I cant thank this board enough, I would never have known to recon 

Equifax 712 transunion 693experian 673
Chase freedom 500 Chase United explorer 5000 Discover IT 13000 AMEX PRG npsl AMEX BCE 6000 CSP 12000.AMEX ED 15000 Citi Simplicity 7000

Re: Discover it cli wow!!!!

[ Edited ]
Woohoo! Congratulations on your CLI!

Interesting point on the computer pick up.
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $10k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $10K / Discover IT $10k
Sam's Mastercard $8.5k / Walmart Mastercard $8k / PayPal SmartConnect $5.1k
CareCredit $5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $3.55k / Citi DC (WMC) $3k
Gardening Date 5/8/15 / MyFico 08: EQ 729 / TU 724 / EX 750 / 7/12/15
Regular Contributor

yea I thought so too. She said she was glad I called in. I guess the lesson is always recon lol

Equifax 712 transunion 693experian 673
Chase freedom 500 Chase United explorer 5000 Discover IT 13000 AMEX PRG npsl AMEX BCE 6000 CSP 12000.AMEX ED 15000 Citi Simplicity 7000
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

wow...congrats! I love to read these Discover success stories and think there is still hope for me one day..LOL

Move the mouse over the cards for detailed view!
Last app 01/15/2015
Senior Contributor

rogersave wrote:

I opened this card appx a year ago with a 1700 limit, after 6 months or so I took a hp and got cl to 3000. At beginning of this month I had a few baddies age off so I tried to get a sp cli thru chat. They couldnt do it with a sp so I was like ok do hp(only 3 inquiries on transunion) This also came back denied. I waited a few minutes and called backdoor number. A very nice analyst agreed to go over credit report with me. She told me if computer picks up any baddies it usually auto denies. (I have one left due to fall off in april 14) She noticed the multiple payments a month no lates etc and asked to put me on hold. A couple minutes later she said you have been approved for a new credit limit of 8000. Thats pretty good considering I took the hp. She also said if I dont feel the 8000 is enough to call back in 3 months. Im beyond ecstatic!!!!  Now all I need is to get approved for an amex revolver and I will be done(have a prg)   I cant thank this board enough, I would never have known to recon 

Awesome! Congrats Smiley Happy

Current cards: CSP - Freedom - Discover It - Amex BCP - BoA BBR - Capital One QS and QS1 - Citi TY

Senior Contributor

Awesome CLI, congratulations!!

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +13more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 9/12/14*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 as of 12-12-13)
Established Contributor

Congrats!

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Congrats 

+ Chase ink =

Established Contributor

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.