Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover movement

tag
nbean
Regular Contributor

Discover movement

I've been asking for a CLI since Feb (last CLI was Nov '16) to no avail. The responce was always "too little experience at current credit line" or something to that effect. Yesterday I opened an email from them saying that they auto CLI'd the account from $5K>$8K. Finally some movement! I have only my cable bill flowing through this account, and it get's paid in full so I was assuming that the usage was the issue. Glad to see that I got some traction. Smiley Very Happy

First Ent Visa $21,800, Nasa PLOC $10K, Nasa CC $10K, Citi DoubleCash $12,200K, Penfed Promise $6K, Penfed Cash Rewards $5K, Total Rewards Visa $20K Lowes $35K QuickSilver CapOne WM $20K United Chase VS $2,800 Hyatt Chase VS $2,800 TJMaxx Mastercard $8K Barclays Rewards $3,700, Pier One $8,500 Walmart MC $8K Kohls $3K, Overstock $8,900, Discover $8K, Home Depot $20,700, JCP $10K, Victoria's Secret $5K, Ballard $10K, WilliamsSonoma Visa $11K, Grandin $4K, Banana Republic Visa $6K, Avianca Vida $25K, BoA $15K,BoA 3-2-1 $7,500
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Discover movement

3k auto is a great increase. Usage may play a part, your profile may a part , or it just might be everything gets decided when the csr's arrive to the office and flip a juju bee in the air to see what side it lands onSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nbean wrote:

I've been asking for a CLI since Feb (last CLI was Nov '16) to no avail. The responce was always "too little experience at current credit line" or something to that effect. Yesterday I opened an email from them saying that they auto CLI'd the account from $5K>$8K. Finally some movement! I have only my cable bill flowing through this account, and it get's paid in full so I was assuming that the usage was the issue. Glad to see that I got some traction. Smiley Very Happy

If you go online immediately and request another CLI, there's a 50/50 chance you can get in on the DDD (Discover Double Dip) where you'll get another instant CLI.  Give it a shot and report back!

Message 3 of 7
nbean
Regular Contributor

Tried it and nothing gives. It's ok, I'll take this and be happy for another 4-5months.

First Ent Visa $21,800, Nasa PLOC $10K, Nasa CC $10K, Citi DoubleCash $12,200K, Penfed Promise $6K, Penfed Cash Rewards $5K, Total Rewards Visa $20K Lowes $35K QuickSilver CapOne WM $20K United Chase VS $2,800 Hyatt Chase VS $2,800 TJMaxx Mastercard $8K Barclays Rewards $3,700, Pier One $8,500 Walmart MC $8K Kohls $3K, Overstock $8,900, Discover $8K, Home Depot $20,700, JCP $10K, Victoria's Secret $5K, Ballard $10K, WilliamsSonoma Visa $11K, Grandin $4K, Banana Republic Visa $6K, Avianca Vida $25K, BoA $15K,BoA 3-2-1 $7,500
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The have been giving me the same excuse last 4 mo. 2 weeks ago they denied my request online and then they gave me an auto increase on the same exact day as you. Many people have getting the same story with the it card but for some reason they are more generous with cli on the miles card.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the auto CLI!  That's a nice increase for an auto.  

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow that's a very nice auto CLI! Last month I also got an auto CLI after being denied for years for a CLI from Discover. Congrats on your auto luv!! :-)

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.