gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover soft pull CLI

Congrats on your CLI Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 13
SweetCandy73
Established Member

Congrats!!!  I'm approaching my 90 day with Discover opened at the end of Dec 2013. I'm definitely hoping for a SP CLI too. :-) 

One Day at a Time
Message 12 of 13
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@LisaJ wrote:

It's been 90 days since my last CLI, and I have new accounts that haven't posted yet, so decided to play with the luv button before they do. I was approved for a $4000 CLI- from $8000.  So, new CL of $12000. No HP needed.

I went back and forth before settling on that number...nearly asked for $2000 instead, but glad I went for the higher amount. My highest reporting card right now is an 11k BCP, so I figured they might try to match it. I almost asked for 7k- my new Chase DIsney (my highest CL at $15k)  isn't reporting yet, though, and I really didn't want to risk a HP.

As a data point, I rarely use my Discover card, and usually PIF. I've had it for about a year and started with a $4000 limit, which I had to HP  to be approved for a $4000 increase in December.

I used balance transfer as the reason, though I am not sure I will need to use it. None of the reasons really fit, so I went with that one.

Discover has been pretty good to me.  With the 5% categories, I've actually made money off of them this year.

Congrats on your SP CLI Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.