cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DiscoverIT Card..... Let me express my love!!!

tag
Laurenlou
Regular Contributor

DiscoverIT Card..... Let me express my love!!!

I just wanted to share with you all, that after years of repairing my credit and working hard to make good financial decisions, I was able to open my first 'non-bottom-feeder' credit card! (but I am thankful that I was able to open those bottom-feeder cards, as they are what helped my build my way back up!)

After seeing some great press on here about the Discover It card, I apped and was esctatic to be told I had a $4k credit limit! (my highest CL at this point was $2,250 with my credit union). However, when the card came in the mail, it turns out my CL was actually $7500! Woo hoo! I've been putting all of my living expsenses on the card and paying it off every month after the balance reports (so I can get the cash back). I've gotten about $400 cash back so far since October!

Now to the really exciting part- I requested a CL increase last night online (had the card 6 months) and logged in this morning to find that my new CL is $11,500! Woo hoo!

Such an easy company to work with, their customer service is open all day and is American based (just makes communicating so much easier, esp when you have a problem or issue on your account, feels to good to know that the person on the other end of the phone understands your problem). I can't say enough great things about this company, and maybe its because I've been banished to the bottom feeders for so long due to my own young stupidity- but whatever it is, I love this card and am happy to share my opinion with any of you that might be ready to jump into the land of 'real' credit cards!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: DiscoverIT Card..... Let me express my love!!!

Grats and enjoy Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 15
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Lovely - congrats!!

Message 3 of 15
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 15
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 5 of 15
Uppingmyscore
Established Contributor

Lovely :-)

My Wallet: Amex Express BCE $27,000, Amex Express Blue Sky $6,000, Delta SkyMiles $10,000, Discover $14,000, Chase Freedom $23,500, Capital One $8,000, SAMS $10,000, and LOWES $10,000
Message 6 of 15
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 7 of 15
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@Laurenlou wrote:

I just wanted to share with you all, that after years of repairing my credit and working hard to make good financial decisions, I was able to open my first 'non-bottom-feeder' credit card! (but I am thankful that I was able to open those bottom-feeder cards, as they are what helped my build my way back up!)

After seeing some great press on here about the Discover It card, I apped and was esctatic to be told I had a $4k credit limit! (my highest CL at this point was $2,250 with my credit union). However, when the card came in the mail, it turns out my CL was actually $7500! Woo hoo! I've been putting all of my living expsenses on the card and paying it off every month after the balance reports (so I can get the cash back). I've gotten about $400 cash back so far since October!

Now to the really exciting part- I requested a CL increase last night online (had the card 6 months) and logged in this morning to find that my new CL is $11,500! Woo hoo!

Such an easy company to work with, their customer service is open all day and is American based (just makes communicating so much easier, esp when you have a problem or issue on your account, feels to good to know that the person on the other end of the phone understands your problem). I can't say enough great things about this company, and maybe its because I've been banished to the bottom feeders for so long due to my own young stupidity- but whatever it is, I love this card and am happy to share my opinion with any of you that might be ready to jump into the land of 'real' credit cards!

AFAIK, You don't have to let the balance report in order to get the cashback rewards. I PIF my balance weekly and I still see all of my purchases itemized for their rewards amount on my statement.

And congrats on your successful rebuild so far, and the CLI of your IT! Smiley Happy

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 8 of 15
Shelly313
New Contributor

yay!! Congrats!

Started Gardening 4/3/2014

Current Score: (04/2014) EX: 629 I TU: 650 I EQ: 654

In my Wallet:
Barclays NFL: $2000 I VS: $700 I Discover: $1600 I AU: Amex ED $2000
Message 9 of 15
bobbay
Established Contributor

That is awesome!  Congrats on the card and the CLI.  You are on your way.

Current Score: EX 712 4/28/15, TU 713 4/14/14 lender pull, EQ 723 9/16/15, 740 EQ bankcard 8 6/1/15 lender pull
Last app 03/12/17

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.