cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DiscoverIT Card..... Let me express my love!!!

tag
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: DiscoverIT Card..... Let me express my love!!!

@Laurenlou wrote:

I just wanted to share with you all, that after years of repairing my credit and working hard to make good financial decisions, I was able to open my first 'non-bottom-feeder' credit card! (but I am thankful that I was able to open those bottom-feeder cards, as they are what helped my build my way back up!)

After seeing some great press on here about the Discover It card, I apped and was esctatic to be told I had a $4k credit limit! (my highest CL at this point was $2,250 with my credit union). However, when the card came in the mail, it turns out my CL was actually $7500! Woo hoo! I've been putting all of my living expsenses on the card and paying it off every month after the balance reports (so I can get the cash back). I've gotten about $400 cash back so far since October!

Now to the really exciting part- I requested a CL increase last night online (had the card 6 months) and logged in this morning to find that my new CL is $11,500! Woo hoo!

Such an easy company to work with, their customer service is open all day and is American based (just makes communicating so much easier, esp when you have a problem or issue on your account, feels to good to know that the person on the other end of the phone understands your problem). I can't say enough great things about this company, and maybe its because I've been banished to the bottom feeders for so long due to my own young stupidity- but whatever it is, I love this card and am happy to share my opinion with any of you that might be ready to jump into the land of 'real' credit cards!

Congrats on your success Smiley Happy 

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 11 of 15
somotao
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations........do you know if it was a hard pull or a soft pull for the CLI?

Starting Score: 500s
Current Score: EQ: 708myFICO(7/15/17), TU: 721myFICO(7/15/17), EX: 701myFICO(7/15/17)
Goal Score: 750

Wallet: Discover IT $50300, Capital One Platinum $17000, Barclays Rewards $6700, Walmart $6000, Amazon Store Card $6000 Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000, Chase Sapphire Reserve $10000, Bank of America Cash Rewards $500. BestBuy $10000
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 13 of 15
edavis
Established Member

somotao wrote:

Congratulations........do you know if it was a hard pull or a soft pull for the CLI?

I can't answer for OP, but I will answer based off my experience with Discover. Discover will soft pull for a CLI request. However, if they deem that more information is needed, you will be forced to talk with a Credit Analyst whom will hard pull in order to get a better look into your credit report.

BBVA ClearPoints ($12K) | GECRB Lowes ($10K) | GECRB Banana Republic ($5K) | GECRB Dillard's ($5K) | Discover it ($6.5K) | Barclaycard Arrival Platinum ($4.5K) | Chase Slate ($2.5K) | Hughes CU ($2K) | Campus CU ($1.5K) | Wells Fargo ($1K) | Macys ($800) | Chase Amazon ($800) |||| Hughes FCU Auto Loan: $30K

TU FICO 727 | EQ FICO 689 || Goal: 720+ across the board. In the garden since 4/25/14 until 1/1/2015
Message 14 of 15
Laurenlou
Regular Contributor

I'm not sure if it was a hard or soft pull- I did the request online and asked for $10k. I had to enter my employment/income info, and also had to agree for them to check my credit. I received the "we will notify you in 7-10 days" message. I thought that it would be a no-go, but logged in a day or two later and saw the $11.5k CL which is soooooo far from where I was just a few years ago! Felt so good to have a "real" creditor deem me credit-worthy after years of rebuilding. Smiley Happy

Also- I have score watch and have not received an alert for an inquiry, so I'm thinking it was a soft pull even though I agreed to a credit pull. But it could be they aren't pulling EQ.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.