Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovered Discover Rediscovered My IT Factor

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discovered Discover Rediscovered My IT Factor

I'm so happy that you've come to your senses, AJC! You forgave Miss Discover (she's such a tempermental/ornery little twit, sometimes) and you've rejoined your friends/family at Discoverland! Second time around, $5K - with another double cash back bonus. Biggest Congrats!  Since you've bypassed the smaller SL's, I see a good future ahead with this one! Smiley Happy

DH's CL sat at $15.5K for just about nine months. Then, surprisingly, he finally got a CLI in mid December and mid January for $1.5K a pop. Interestingly enough, he did a BT to Discover in early January for $4.8, and finally paid some interest to them. I think they liked that, and rewarded  him again with the CLI in January. Now he's sitting pretty at $18.5K. He requested the increases and they were both instant. 

I'm super happy for you, my friend! Smiley Happy

Message 31 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, AJC! Good plan, well executed!

Message 32 of 43
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Cgarden, Jolt, Mahraja, MusicLover, Roy thanks guysSmiley Happy Discoland will be so much more fun with a yearlong pass than a day one haha!

Roy, its confirmed:
0% apr for 18 month bt
Double cash back mach until next FebSmiley Happy
And...
0% apr until Aug, so 6 months intro 0% until my 19% apr kicks in.

Interesting tidbit for those who want to check. On the website, if you go to read more about Double Cashback Match, DCBMSmiley Wink, IT states this is offered by INVITATION only. This leads me to believe that when you reapply , some may receive another DCBM while others may not. Perhaps our reports and history with them determine this. We will have to see if anyone else closes their card then reapplies for same card to see what offers they get.

Im glad mine turned out good. Now im tempted to use this card for purchases first then do the bt but only leaves me like 3 months to use that bt offer. Hope this helps Roy21Smiley Happy
Message 33 of 43
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

My hope for AJC is he never have to worry about another BT ever again! Smiley Wink
Message 34 of 43
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Amen brotherSmiley Happy. One day! One daySmiley Happy

Oh and big grats to Weedeb, fantastic to hear about DH success with Discover. Smiley Happy
Message 35 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Great SL! I boarded the Disco train in December 2017. Excited about seeing this baby grow.
Message 36 of 43
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Nice job AJC! Congrats to your success with them!

A few days ago (at the 90 day mark), I got a measly $500 cli on my iT card, and I use it a ton! Oh well, something is better than nothing, lol...Smiley Wink
Message 37 of 43
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks PizzaSmiley Happy. I think we should call that the AJC special , aka the $500 increaseSmiley Happy

We already know the $300 is the South Jameican specialSmiley Wink

Im in no rush to caress the button, in gonna smooth talk her the next couple monthsSmiley Happy
Message 38 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1wrote:
Nice job AJC! Congrats to your success with them!

A few days ago (at the 90 day mark), I got a measly $500 cli on my iT card, and I use it a ton! Oh well, something is better than nothing, lol...Smiley Wink

I too hit the button shortly after crossing the 90 day mark and only got a $500 CLI.  I probably will not ask for another until the 1-year mark.  We'll see.

Message 39 of 43
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats Points on an AJC special.Smiley Happy

We need to dee who claims the next special. I think if you get a 5k increase we could possibly call it the Brutal Body Shot SpecialSmiley Happy

Up for grabs, 1k 2k 3k 4k 5k+ specials

Lol, actually id like to call 3k increases the Joltdude SpecialSmiley Happy
Message 40 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.