cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does having a Comenity card increase chances for another?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does having a Comenity card increase chances for another?

The shopping cart trick finally worked for me! I was approved for Express Next Card $250.  I know it's not much but it's actually my first unsecured card.  Does this mean I now have a chance to get other Comenity cards?  I would rather have a network card issued by Comenity such as the Fuel Rewards Network Master Card.  

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does having a Comenity card increase chances for another?

I think it does.  They keep giving me cards.

Message 2 of 12
Jarnog
Frequent Contributor

Don't really think it does.

Especially when it comes to the co-branded cards.  I think score and overall credit profile (like it is with most companies) factors in more.  Those Visa/MC ones seem to want, so to speak, decent scores (650+ at least) before the pop-up will even come.  And when it does it usually still means a HP. 

As far as the other store cards, there's no reasoning as to what Comenity thinks.  I have gotten the Express and HSN cards via the "trick", and my DW the VS and JCrew...yet she can't get express to pop-up for her and I cannot get VS or JCrew.  Hers have grown to over 1k on VS and 4250 on Jcrew after having them about 10 or so months.  Mine are about the same age and I am only at 1050 on Express and 650 on HSN.  Both with similar credit profiles.

Go figure

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jarnog wrote:

Don't really think it does.

Especially when it comes to the co-branded cards.  I think score and overall credit profile (like it is with most companies) factors in more.  Those Visa/MC ones seem to want, so to speak, decent scores (650+ at least) before the pop-up will even come.  And when it does it usually still means a HP. 

As far as the other store cards, there's no reasoning as to what Comenity thinks.  I have gotten the Express and HSN cards via the "trick", and my DW the VS and JCrew...yet she can't get express to pop-up for her and I cannot get VS or JCrew.  Hers have grown to over 1k on VS and 4250 on Jcrew after having them about 10 or so months.  Mine are about the same age and I am only at 1050 on Express and 650 on HSN.  Both with similar credit profiles.

Go figure

Ok that seems logical but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Message 4 of 12
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.  

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 12
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 6 of 12
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

The shopping cart trick finally worked for me! I was approved for Express Next Card $250.  I know it's not much but it's actually my first unsecured card.  Does this mean I now have a chance to get other Comenity cards?  I would rather have a network card issued by Comenity such as the Fuel Rewards Network Master Card.  

Congrats!   I think you may find that the door of opportunity has opened for other Comenity store cards.  You'll want to keep gardening and plug away at any credit issues before you go for a Comenity cobranded V/MC, however.   Those offers tend to show once your score is ~700.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!   I think you may find that the door of opportunity has opened for other Comenity store cards.  You'll want to keep gardening and plug away at any credit issues before you go for a Comenity cobranded V/MC, however.   Those offers tend to show once your score is ~700.  

Thanks that sounds like great advice.

Message 8 of 12
uswala
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!

Message 9 of 12
b_diddy
Established Contributor

Congrats!

FICO Scores: EX 733 (1/17/15) EQ 761 (1/17/15) TU 750 (1/17/15)

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.