Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Amex CLI day

tag
Sevenfeet
Regular Contributor

Re: Double Amex CLI day

@drinkthekoolaid wrote:

Did you go ahead and fill out your app? Since you can call the recon line yourself if needed? Ive read in multiple forums that if they were going to decline your CLI they would do it automatically when you apply for it. Since you got past that part it really just seems as they want a rep to review the app because of the large amount your requesting. 

I did it through the web form.  I've asked my wife to call in to look into it, since it's her card we're talking about.  I haven't done it with my own...I'll probably call in directly for that but I can't now since I'm in meetings all day.

Message 11 of 19
maceto
Contributor

I am waiting for the outcome of this, as have an SPG card @30K which I am looking to raise to 50K. My income is about what you list, score not as high due to loads of cc apps last few years (to build a long and solid cc history once it starts to age).

Please let us know soon!!

Message 12 of 19
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Cross my finger for you two......

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 13 of 19
maceto
Contributor

Got the 7-10 days as well when I app'd. Reason why I did it in the first place is utilization only as getting slammed on some other cards due to meeting spend requirement for BA Chase bonuses (30K within 8 months) with a CC limit of 12K end if month the utilization on that card is HIGH, but will only give me a rise for a price and I don't pay for a rise (get it..?) anyway will post once I get a decision. Hopefully they'll get I am not so stupid to use 50K.. Not like they have capped people suddenly before when ramping up high balances within their limits
Message 14 of 19
maceto
Contributor

Punctuation is a luxury when sleepy.....( should make up for it, insert . where needed)
Message 15 of 19
Sevenfeet
Regular Contributor

An update...we got the notice in the mail of the rejection and why. In this case it was something I could have prevented but didn't consider. Last month my wife and I made an error where we accidentally paid one of our bills twice...in this case a very large tuition bill for my daughter's school. Since we couldn't back out the second payment, my wife and I decided to pay our BCP cards for the minimum payment and then catch up this month when we didn't have to pay the tuition bill. We caught up with the Aamex BCPs and paid them in full last week. But that was enough to flag us (or at least her) at Amex as someone whom they wouldn't normally do a CLI for, despite the fact we were never late paying anything.

This probably doesn't come up too often around here since most people get their BCE/BCP cards and do a CLI within 61 days...not enough time to charge anything significant. But my wife and I use ours for some pretty sizable food bills ($2k last month) so we got caught behind the 8-ball when we goofed on the other like sized payment. Amex is reconsidering the request now and we should know more today.
Message 16 of 19
JonStur
Established Contributor

You must be on pins and needles...keep us posted....

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 17 of 19
drinkthekoolaid
Valued Member

What ended up happening?? 

AMEX BCE - $27,000 ~ Chase Sapphire Preferred VISA SIGNATURE- $24,000~ AMEX Platinum -$NPSL ~ Citi Diamond Preferred $10,000
USAA MASTERCARD - $10,000 Commerce Bank Visa $8,000~
USAA Student VISA - $1,000 ~ Chase Freedom - $500
Message 18 of 19
shakalaka
Established Contributor

@Sevenfeet wrote:
An update...we got the notice in the mail of the rejection and why. In this case it was something I could have prevented but didn't consider. Last month my wife and I made an error where we accidentally paid one of our bills twice...in this case a very large tuition bill for my daughter's school. Since we couldn't back out the second payment, my wife and I decided to pay our BCP cards for the minimum payment and then catch up this month when we didn't have to pay the tuition bill. We caught up with the Aamex BCPs and paid them in full last week. But that was enough to flag us (or at least her) at Amex as someone whom they wouldn't normally do a CLI for, despite the fact we were never late paying anything.

This probably doesn't come up too often around here since most people get their BCE/BCP cards and do a CLI within 61 days...not enough time to charge anything significant. But my wife and I use ours for some pretty sizable food bills ($2k last month) so we got caught behind the 8-ball when we goofed on the other like sized payment. Amex is reconsidering the request now and we should know more today.

What about the CLI for your card? Did you ask for the 40K?

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.