cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dreaded 10-Day Wait for Chase Freedom App --UPDATE: Approved!

tag
seetheworld1

Dreaded 10-Day Wait for Chase Freedom App --UPDATE: Approved!

Hi, guys,

So my CRs are all  newly clean, and I decided to pull the trigger and apply for Chase Freedom today. My file is thin – one Cap1 secured w/$351 limit reporting since November; 1 DCU Visa with $7500 limit reporting since last month; one DCU car loan, also new; and my Chase auto loan that was just paid off. One inquiry on my EX in the last year. That’s it. No negatives on my file. I just had two awful public records removed and I'm happy about that. I checked my FICO EX before the app and it was 738 so I felt good about my chances. I app and get the dreaded 10-day wait message. Is that a likely denial? Should I wait until I hear from them to try reconning? I called their application status number right after and the woman I talked with told me they had up to 30 days to respond to me so I decided not to push. I’m a little disappointed ‘cause I thought this would be a great card to help me rebuild and relatively easy to get, but I guess that’s not the case. Any advice? Thanks.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Dreaded 10-Day Wait for Chase Freedom App

You should call.  Keep in mind your credit is extremely thin and that might be an issue with Chase. Be prepared to explain why you haven't used or obtained revolving credit. 

Good luck

Message 2 of 17
hot4u
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

You should call.  Keep in mind your credit is extremely thin and that might be an issue with Chase. Be prepared to explain why you haven't used or obtained revolving credit. 

Good luck

+1 Agree.

If it looks like a denial --  To not waiste  hP

Reccomend  and stress you want to start history with them ---( Stress History) ...Key words Long time goals and ok on a low limit......

This has helped others to get in the door usually with a small limit $500.00 ..

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 3 of 17
ddk369

Call them. I got a similar message and I called them thinking I was denied and wanted a recon. They just wanted to verify ssn, dob and some other things. But be prepared to explain your file in case it turns out to be a denial recon

CCs: Discover IT 5K/Chase Rewards 3K->7.5K/Cap One Journey 2K->8K/AMEX Gold/CITI Corporate 25K
Auto: Ally Bank 6%/60 (07/13)
Scores:
CK/Fico EQ: 600/590s (07/13)
CK 698/EX+ 720/EQ+ 700/TU 710 (04/14)

Goal: FICO ALL 3 700+ (07/14)
Current: EQ 708/TU 710 (06/16)

Message 4 of 17
seetheworld1

UPDATE: Oh wow. I just called Recon and was prepared to beg and plead but before I could the underwriter said my card was approved with a $7,000 limit and I'll get it and the welcome kit in 5 to 7 days! Yes! I'm so happy. I'm going to settle now and garden my Freedom and DCU Visa for a long time. No more apps for me until much later this year. I'd love a travel rewards card since I do a fair bit of traveling, but the ones I have my eye on (Barclay World Arrival or Capital One Venture) would probably decline me with such thin history. Thanks guys! 

Message 5 of 17
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@seetheworld1 wrote:

UPDATE: Oh wow. I just called Recon and was prepared to beg and plead but before I could the underwriter said my card was approved with a $7,000 limit and I'll get it and the welcome kit in 5 to 7 days! Yes! I'm so happy. I'm going to settle now and garden my Freedom and DCU Visa for a long time. No more apps for me until much later this year. I'd love a travel rewards card since I do a fair bit of traveling, but the ones I have my eye on (Barclay World Arrival or Capital One Venture) would probably decline me with such thin history. Thanks guys! 

Wow, that's a GREAT approval, especially for somebody with a thin file! Nice work, seetheworld!

Message 6 of 17
seetheworld1

Thanks, Gunnar! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 17
GFer
Valued Contributor

Very nice, indeed!  Congrats!

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@seetheworld1 wrote:

Grats Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 17
alvon123
Super Contributor

@seetheworld1 wrote:

congrats

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.