Dreaded 14 day AMEX message - UPDATE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Update

@MontegoMack wrote:

I app'd. 

I got the 14 day wait message.

I called 800.641.2400 to find out if they needed more info.

Then...

While I was on the phone, I got the APPROVED email message!

The guy on the phone confirmed my phone number while I explaid my call and he expedited my card! 

What else did I do? Well, I might as well try for the BCP because I buy tons of groceries and have a gas guzzling SUV. Why not, right? It just might only be a SP. Plus, I got the $250 cash back offer. 

BOOM! Approved!

What a way to start the day! 

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Robot LOL

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Guys sidebar please; why isn't the AMEX everyday 20% bonus not rave about more..am I missing something isn't that the best bonus point system rite now??? I always here about freedom 5%,DC 2% US cash+ etc. Not knocking anybody.... jus wondering if I'm missing the bigger bonus picture here Smiley Indifferent

Unless you're putting a whole lot of charges through the ED card per month and have plenty of uses for MR points, it's not that great of a deal. %20 is meh to me when stacked against the actual cash back other cards give. AMEX also has the pay with points deal, but the trade-off is not in your favor. I'm going to PC from the ED card when it ages a year. 

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I had the same message after I applied for the Platinum card - and I called right away and approved right there. Smiley Happy It feels nice to pay with it hahaha... I haven't had any credit cards in more than a decade and I feel so grown up Smiley Very Happy

Congrats!!!! I def feel fancy when I pull out this card. 

Message 13 of 18
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

The turn off for most people with AMEX cards is probably the fact that the benefits suck on ED/EDP unless you hit the additonal bonus on them which requires you to hit 20(ED) or 30(EDP) transactions per month to get the perk added to your earning power.  Besides that you're only getting 1.2% (ED) or 1.5% (EDP) for those additonal transactions when you get 5% on groceries, 3% on gas and 1% on everything else on BCE and slightly more on BCP.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why can't I get that darn 100k offer! It's what will make me apply for Platinum!
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dreaded 14 day AMEX message - UPDATE

I see but what helped me is I jus stopped using my debit card and I been able to hit that bonus fairly fast;

-austinguy907- not sure what you mean by

"Besides that you're only getting 1.2% (ED) or 1.5% (EDP) for those additonal transactions." (> If you don't hit the bonus you mean?<)Asking for help... because I now have 4 bonus cards and wanna know which one to run the most cash through to maximize spending / benefit ..... You should see my CC in siggy; any is appropriated thks!
Message 16 of 18
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval!!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 17 of 18
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I see but what helped me is I jus stopped using my debit card and I been able to hit that bonus fairly fast;

-austinguy907- not sure what you mean by

"Besides that you're only getting 1.2% (ED) or 1.5% (EDP) for those additonal transactions." (> If you don't hit the bonus you mean?<)Asking for help... because I now have 4 bonus cards and wanna know which one to run the most cash through to maximize spending / benefit ..... You should see my CC in siggy; any is appropriated thks!

ED doesn't have a 20% earn rate, if that's what you're thinking. If you use the card a lot, it gives a 20% bonus on the points you've earned. Groceries then earn 2.4 MRs/$1, and everything else earns 1.2 MRs/$1. The 20% bonus doesn't mean 20 MRs/$1!

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.