Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[EDIT] {APPROVED JUST NOW...} United Mileage Plus Explorer 50,000 Bonus Offer

tag
newUser0
Established Contributor

[EDIT] {APPROVED JUST NOW...} United Mileage Plus Explorer 50,000 Bonus Offer

I just now got a targetted snail mail, which offers 50K miles after 2k Spend. 

I have few queries on this.

Questions -

1) Is this the best targetted offer available now in market?

2) What are my chances of my approval for a Signature Version of Card?

My History - 

a) I have had a Chase card 3K Limit, always PIF and Amex Delta $6.5 K Limit always PIF (Both Applied and approved on Dec 8 2013). I have other toy limits cards with Discove, BoFA, WF, US Bank all CL within $1000

b) Oldest Card is Cap1, 1 Year, 5 Months and AaoA is 11 Months.

c) Chase did 2 HP for my Freedom Card (EX and TU). This is my first and only card with chase.

d) Total CL as of now is 13200$

e) HP are EQ- 15, EX- 7, TU -8 .

f) 0 Baddies, Total Credit Card Payments till now is 69 all PIF (Never ever carried a balance till now, on any card)

g) Current Util - 12%

I really don't want their platinum version. 

Please help me guys, I would consider this as my first primer card ( Next card I gonna Apply) and don't want to get a denail.

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
tray
Valued Contributor

Re: United Mileage Plus Explorer 50,000 Bonus Offer

All I can say you recieved a superb offer for 50K miles, I randomly applied for the United Explorer Plus last Friday and was approved for 17K with only 30K mile bonus, I looked high and low for a higher bonus offer but could not find any, if I was in your position I would app and take the chance if not approved I would say at least I tried you already have alot of inquiries so one more will do no damage and you do have 5K credit lines so that is a plus. Chace pulled EX with me and I had 10 inquiries at the time also with 13% UTL. I just recieved the card in the mail today it is a nice looking card also labeled visa signature.  I believe you will be approved as you are already targeted, I wish you the best of luck.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 38
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Do you fly UA enough to justify the AF?  Chase is usually good approving targeted offers, but not issuing ground breaking CL.  I have Delta and United and have found both points programs aren't all they're cracked up to be. 

Message 3 of 38
newUser0
Established Contributor

@Tray - Thanks for the info. I am pretty sure, I will get approved with them. But my next card, i would like to be a Signature one.

@B335is - I don't fly with UA that much, once/twice a year. But not sure, if the bonus offer is too good to miss right now.

Message 4 of 38
newUser0
Established Contributor

Can i recon with chase, if I get a platinum version?

Message 5 of 38
tray
Valued Contributor

You could call Chase Backdoor number but you already have over 5K limit with Delta, they offered you a 50K bonus so Chase would have to top that off with a high limit for the 2K spend.  Also I believe Chase is drumming up business for United as the news is out there as of now United is devauling their reward point structure, as you will need more points to travel expecially internationally.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 6 of 38
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I have been inundated with the United Club Card.  Not taking the bait. 

Message 7 of 38
red259
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

I have been inundated with the United Club Card.  Not taking the bait. 

Yes I get a ton of united club card offers. If I had flights coming up where I could use the lounge status then I might come out of the garden,m but at the moment its just not a high priority card for me. I also have the same offer for the explorer and in some ways its more tempting than the united card due to the 50k bonus. Chase is pushing united stuff hard. Now if Chase comes out with some sort of 100k offer like we are seeing with American I don't know that I could pass that up. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 8 of 38
enharu
Super Contributor

the 50k miles offer been around for a while and doesn't seem to be going away, I think.

There might be an even better offer later on if UA decides to match what AA is doing.

you can simply SM Chase after you are approved for the 30k miles offer, and they'll add the 20k miles to your account, or you can try to find a working link for the 50k miles offer. Both works. So in a way there's no real hurry to apply for this card right now.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 9 of 38
newUser0
Established Contributor

Just now applied...

Got a Decision Pending Message..

Can any one tell me how to I upload a Pic from My PC to a post here??

Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.