Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebates Visa Signature Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ebates Visa Signature Approved

Instant approval for $5k. (Temp limit is $1k)
This is my first instant approval ever-and my highest limit card currently. (Had higher pre-credit problems but since rebuilding this is the highest)
Such a good feeling to see Approved.

Plus I shop with Ebates tons.

Question: Shouod I close my Gap card now? It is only a $900 limit so Util won't be affected and I want to do anything and everything to avoid the dreaded blue envelope with Synchrony Bank. I now have 4 cards with them. (Amazon, JCP, Gap, and now my Ebates Visa) If closing one or 2 would help avoid that I would gladly do it)

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ebates Visa Signature Approved

Congrats on the instant approval! As for closing cards, I am a firm believer in, if you use it keep it, if you don't than there's no need. 

Message 2 of 11
Isacking97
Regular Contributor

Congrats

About closing your account, if you want don't close it, it well help your utility and if the card is old, It well hurt your credit score

Just use about $10-$50 every month and pay it on time, that way it will stay active

Starting Score:EX: 713 EQ: 698
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree and have ebates too, bought something with it today, I got instant approved for $1200 then upgraded to $8000 as soon as I asked!

Great card and company, watch the cash back and coupons start piling.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I get in a normal situation keeping it open is better in most cases.....tho this is less than a year old and only a $900 limit. I PIF on all my cards so Util isn't a problem and it isn't old so losing it as an active open TL won't hurt much if any either.

The big question I wonder about is if I should close it to limit the number of Synchrony cards I have in hopes of avoiding the blue envelope. It's rare you hear someone with 1 or 2 cards getting it. It's usually 3 or more and usually it is more like 4 or 5 or more.

I'd be much more upset about losing this $5k limit Sig Visa than closing a $900 GapCard. Smiley Happy

That being said-if you all don't think it will matter either way i would probably keep it open. Not sure who the "experts" would be on this topic as we all read the same things but maybe someone has insider info or knows from another site or something.
Message 5 of 11
heavyjay
Regular Contributor

I've had my eye on that card for a while. Might have to pull the trigger on it toward the end of January.

FICO 08:Jan 18, 2017: EX 800 EQ 725 TU 799
FICO 08:Feb 10, 2017: EX 788 EQ 772 TU 791 (post New Year's app spree)
In the garden as of 1/4/2017. Will remain for all of 2017.
Message 6 of 11
mccallb
Frequent Contributor

congrats: Approved is such an awesome word!

CK EQ: 730 / CK TU: 735 / EXP FICO: 721 / EX Vantage: 793 / Total Exposure: 112K
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was pre-approved and ignored it for about a month before finally pulling the trigger with the pre-approval code they gave me. My account says 2k but that has to be a temp limit for the tempory card number they gave me right? I have a 767 Tu score.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just answered you on your other post
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

final CL ended up being 8000...I can live with that 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.