Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elan Financial CLI

tag
SquidBilly
New Contributor

Elan Financial CLI

I have a Visa signature from Gulf Coast Community Federal Credit Union that is administered by ELAN FINANCIAL. Was invited to apply back in 2012 and said what the heck... approved for $4000, no frills and 17.99%. One of those cards that boost your Available Credit and nothing more. Never asked for CLI because ELAN will Hard Pull to make decision. Anyway... 1 year later they gave me some love and bumped it to $6000. YAY! I have an automatic monthly charge from EIDT (credit monitoring company) in the amount of $10.95/mo just to keep account active and open which gets paid off prior to billing date. Long story short.... last week ELAN offered me a $4000 CLI to $10,000 via email promising NO Hard Pull. Everything they do takes 7 to 10 days... another reason I never asked for CLI.
Today my new statment was cut and BINGO! $4000 CLI to $10,000! Crazy thing is, this goes against everything learned here. Other than paying in full prior to closing, I charged $10.95 a month for a year and a half and nothing more! Moral of the story... Even a good sock drawer card can help you in the long run.
-Paul

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Elan Financial CLI

Very nice.. Congrats!!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the cli!

Message 3 of 6
revjamesl
Valued Contributor

Congrats!
AMEX Platinum NPSL | Discover It $45.9k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $40.7k |Barclay Arrival+ WEMC $40k | PENFED Platinum Rewards VS $35k | Lowes $35k | BoA Better Balance Rewards $30k | AMEX EDP $25k | Cap 1 QS $23.25k | NASA Platinum $20k | Chase Freedom $15k | Synchrony Haverty's $16.5k | BBVA NBA Rockets AMEX $15k | FNBO AMEX $15k | Citi Diamond Preferred $10.7k | Best Buy $10k | Synchrony Rooms-to-Go $10k | US Bank Cash+ $7.5k | AMEX BCE $6k | Barclay Financing Visa 1k | |

AU on DW Accounts: Discover It $40k I AMEX BCE $30k | Chase Marriot $29.8k |

Credit Scores: 800 EQ/833 TU/831 EX
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Co o o o l ... grat's on the huge CLIs. Strange how your usage brought about the large CLI's. As we all know ELAN is owned by US Bank and is every bit as conservative.
Message 5 of 6
SquidBilly
New Contributor

I know! I think my largest balance was around $600 a couple years ago and always paid off prior to closing.
The first CLI was automatic... but the most recent was offered via email. Said their periodic review of my account indicated I may qualify for a $4,000 increase. Reading FAQ it said it would not require a credit check (hard pull). So I answered a couple questions (income, rent/own, etc...) and hit submit. Just checked my reports and NO HARD PULL.
-Paul

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.