cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embarrassed to Post with all these other high dollar approvals...but... :-)

tag
Spotsy
Frequent Contributor

Embarrassed to Post with all these other high dollar approvals...but... :-)

WallieMart (Walmart) was kind enough to give me $1200 for use as a gas card.  Well I intend to use it for the 5 cents off a gallon at their pumps.  The other cash back card I have was 1.5% and that was only .03 cents a gallon.  

Scores are Ex-707, TU, 680, EX 681

FICO 8: TU:831 / EQ:837 / EX:827 as of 12/25/2023
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Embarrassed to Post with all these other high dollar approvals...but... :-)

@Spotsy wrote:

WallieMart (Walmart) was kind enough to give me $1200 for use as a gas card.  Well I intend to use it for the 5 cents off a gallon at their pumps.  The other cash back card I have was 1.5% and that was only .03 cents a gallon.  

Congrats on your approval! Don't be embarrassed! Walmart's always giving low CL to start with but be good to them and they'll surely reward you with better CL! And besides, $1,200 surely isn't really a low for a SL! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! 

Message 3 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

NEVER be embarrased about an approval. Congrats and enjoy!

In my wallet: Quicksilver 5000; Venture 15,000; Barclay Apple Rewards 2000; CareCredit 3300; Bank of America Platinum Visa 2000; Bank of America Travel Rewards 3500; Bank of America Travel Rewards 3500; Amazon Store Card 5000; Discover 10,000; Barclay Ring Platinum MasterCard. 12,500. Total Credit: 61,800.
6/27-FICO: EQ - 789; TU - 776; EX - 681; GOAL: 780 across the board then 800 across the board. Inquiries: EQ: 4; TU: 6; EX 7; Chapter 13 seven years May, 2015. Reset my garden date to 6/27. Gardening until further notice.

Message 4 of 31
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Spotsy wrote:

That's actually a pretty strong starting limit for Walmart - I think they started me at $600, now $4800 - I don't think I've seen too many starting limits for Walmart over $1000 on here (but I'm too lazy to search to see if I'm right).

Congrats, don't forget to sign up for free TU FICO scoring each month.

Message 5 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats...as long as the limit is big enough that it is useful to you is really all that matters and it sounds like 1200 should do fine for gas

Also I would like to fill up where you live of your getting gas at $2/gallon
Message 6 of 31
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@Spotsy wrote:

Congratulations!

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 7 of 31
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

@pipeguy wrote:

@Spotsy wrote:

That's actually a pretty strong starting limit for Walmart - I think they started me at $600, now $4800 - I don't think I've seen too many starting limits for Walmart over $1000 on here (but I'm too lazy to search to see if I'm right).

Congrats, don't forget to sign up for free TU FICO scoring each month.

That works for me!

11/14/14 Total CL $1,100; 6/30/15 Total CL $180K
Message 8 of 31
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

Embarrassed?

No, a Chase Freedom at $500, Nordstrom $500 was embarrassing, whattaya supposed to buy with that?

My BP Visa is $1200 and I'm content, only use it for gas.

As I was advised, remember, it's a marathon, not a sprint.

11/14/14 Total CL $1,100; 6/30/15 Total CL $180K
Message 9 of 31
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!!
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.