cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expecting 3rd Amex baby, Its a Blue Cash!

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Expecting 3rd Amex baby, Its a Blue Cash!

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Hey Gregory1776, you see , what you have to do is... lol, nah just kidding. In reality not sure. Best way i guess is to already have an Amex account and make sure you are keeping it in good standing. If you are not using it responsibly, could cause them to want to see your accounts more closely and then maybe do a hp. Just count your lucky stars when they dont hp youSmiley Happy

+1

I don't think there's any particular pattern to it (or at least we've not found it yet)... my ED approval back in January was without a HP as well. 

My recent installment loan with Amex also was only a SP, but I don't count it since it's advertised as no HP to check the rate (although I don't recall the language mentioning either way about if/when you actually apply for it... in any case, there was no HP for me there, either).

Here's a DoC article about it from a few months back:  https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amex-credit-card-approvals-without-hard-pull/

Message 41 of 46
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

How do you get a loan with AmEx?

Message 42 of 46
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Very carefully lolSmiley Wink. Not sure there Gregory, maybe Uncle B can reply but id imagine they have to invite you.

Hey Creditmagic7, lol, triplets is hard enoughSmiley Wink. If i had more income and could spend more id happily put on the candlelights, baby making music and POOF....ugh...wha...what was i sayingSmiley Wink Dang the youngins are calling outSmiley Happy
Message 43 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations AvgJoe on your new baby!!!
Message 44 of 46
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks AnusaraSmiley Happy, Took JC out for its maiden purchase tonight and it was positively glowingSmiley Happy
Message 45 of 46
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Very carefully lolSmiley Wink. Not sure there Gregory, maybe Uncle B can reply but id imagine they have to invite you.

Hey Creditmagic7, lol, triplets is hard enoughSmiley Wink. If i had more income and could spend more id happily put on the candlelights, baby making music and POOF....ugh...wha...what was i sayingSmiley Wink Dang the youngins are calling outSmiley Happy

Yep, right now they are invitation-only.  Smiley Sad

I actually got the invitation last fall (when it was first mentioned in a thread here) but I hesitated, and within days the invite was gone - I was so annoyed with myself!  (I wanted the loan for FICO purposes). 

I didn't see it again until just a few weeks ago, and as soon as it appeared and I confirmed the terms I didn't wait around this time.  Last time it showed up in the 'Offers' section for my BCP, this time it was in the 'Offers' section for my PRG (I'm not sure if that is meaningful or not). 

Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.