Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exxon Mobil Card Approval

tag
jtw34240
Regular Contributor

Exxon Mobil Card Approval

Yesterday I applied for an Exxon Mobil card with Citi. Have tried a few times before to get a citi branded gas card. I got a report code 25 called gave the reference number they couldn't locate it after 3 calls i found out they are changing their system and the lady had to transfer me to the dept that uses the old system so they could pull it up. The lady that answers looks at it says that my address is a commercial mail facility. I explain to her that i live in a resort and work for the resort. There are 2000 vacation homes but it is a business address with a mailroom so always go thru this drama with the address. American express just asks for an alternate address and i'm on my way. So the lady i was speaking to she had an awful pitched voice i just asked to go to a supervisor and she transferred me. The new lady was more accomodating i told her i have citi cards macy's bloomies and citi credit card with the resort address. She puts me on hold a couple times then comes back and approves me for almost close to 1k.  I call the number for customer service the next day and the system recognizes my ssn and says my available credit and my cash advance limit is the same for the approved amount so happy to get a citi gas card. i wanted an alternative that is not synchrony branded gas card (chevron and bp). Never know when they might get the blue envelopes going again lol. i like the exxon mobil card because they give plenti points. i'm on a plenti kick right now with getting an amex plenti. signup bonus was only 5000 plenti points worth 50.00 but better than nothing and a low spend of 250 for the bonus. amex seems stuck on 1k approvals with me right now. hopefully that will change.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Exxon Mobil Card Approval

I am going for that Plenti card in about 6 months if all goes well rebuild wise. Congrats on the Exxon card

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Exxon Mobil Card Approval

Congrats on the approval. We don't see very many people with gasoline cards here. 

Citibank used to own a lot of the gas cards but has been selling them off. They used to have the Citgo and Conco/Phillips 66/76 cards and back in the day Amoco (before BP bought them) and Texaco (before they merged with Chevron, used Chevrons own bank before Chevron sold out to GE). 

ExxonMobil, Shell and Sunoco appear to be the only Citibank gas cards left. Could be more but those are the ones I know of. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.