Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FINALLYYYY AmEx 3x CLI!!!!

tag
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

FINALLYYYY AmEx 3x CLI!!!!

Opened my AmEx Blue Cash Preferred in 11/2015 - $5k SL. I have been denied a CLI EVERY SINGLE TIME I applied - I want to say a total of 4 submissions. Submitted my regular 91 day retry (on 01/23) right after getting the card down to $0. I  got the message I always get from AmEx..."you'll hear from us in writing in 7-10 days"...just assumed it was another denial from them since every other time resulted in a denial. Today I got a call from them to call back about the CLI. 

long story shirt...called back, and the dang thing finally said YES!!!!!!!! So it took 14 months for them to finally grant me my 3x CLI!! It felt like everyone was getting theirs so quickly and I'm starring at my card month over month over month. Albeit EX was a bit dusty when i first opened the account, its much cleaner now. Credit rebuilding really is a journey....and I still have more to go, but its nice to see my profile maturing Smiley Happy $5k < $15k

Screen Shot 2017-01-27 at 8.35.37 PM.png

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FINALLYYYY AmEx 3x CLI!!!!

Congrats on the awesome CLI!!! Gotta love when you start feeling that Amex love Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 28
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Thanks - it was a nice end to the day. I just got my ED last month and wonder if they'll let me move some of this limit over to that card...anybody know?

Message 3 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to move some of my limit from my Hilton one to my BCE (my BCE has been open for 10 months). It doesn't hurt to try, the worst you'll get is a denial.

Message 4 of 28
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

True. I know i see the link online all the time.. I'll sit tight for a bit

Message 5 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!   Nice increase.

Message 6 of 28
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Thank You!

Message 7 of 28
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats CIC !!

Hopefully your next 3x cli wont take as long

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 8 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes you can even do it online without talking to anyone Smiley Happy

Congrats OP on the CLI. Can't believe it took 14 months! I thought most got it at 60 days. I am hoping I will get mine at the 61 days but my EX is the worst score I have so who knows.

Either way... nice increase and hopefully you start getting some consistent Amex love. Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Big congrats to you! You may have had to wait a little longer, but a $15K line is mighty nice! You've got some very nice cards - you're doing a great job rebuilding! Now it's time to enjoy this card a whole lot more! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.