Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO AMEX approval FINALLY!!!

tag
Want-a-better-FICO
Valued Member

FNBO AMEX approval FINALLY!!!

After receiving a nice invitation to apply for the FNBO AMEX card. I decided to pull the trigger on 10/26/15. After waiting 11 business days for an approval. Today I got an email informing me that I was approved and welcome to the First National Bank of Omaha clubSmiley Very Happy. From reading here on the forum I understand that they are very conservative with approvals but good with cli's

The SL was $6,000Smiley Happy which I'll take because its the second highest limit I have at this time with Cap One Venture $8,000 being my highest.  Are there any wise suggestions I can use to grow my SL?

Starting Score: 509
Current Score: 687 EQ 712TU
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
happypill
Valued Contributor

Re: FNBO AMEX approval FINALLY!!!

Congrats on the approval!  They do take a while with their decisions.  I did an app spree in July and received 3 cards from other lenders before finally getting the email notification from FNBO that my application had been approved.  I'd also be interested in hearing about strategies for CLI.

Message 2 of 15
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Looks like you scored good with that FNBO approval Smiley Happy

Congratulations!

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, want. FNBO is very conservative and this is a nice success! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 15
ddemari
Super Contributor

congrats! maybe oneday FNBO will like me too! 

Message 5 of 15
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your approval..

I was born in Nebraska near Omaha I would say I kinda wish I was in their footprint aka Nebraska for a nice card or two with them, but then I think of all the flat land and I take that thought backSmiley Happy

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Want-a-better-FICO wrote:

After receiving a nice invitation to apply for the FNBO AMEX card. I decided to pull the trigger on 10/26/15. After waiting 11 business days for an approval. Today I got an email informing me that I was approved and welcome to the First National Bank of Omaha clubSmiley Very Happy. From reading here on the forum I understand that they are very conservative with approvals but good with cli's

The SL was $6,000Smiley Happy which I'll take because its the second highest limit I have at this time with Cap One Venture $8,000 being my highest.  Are there any wise suggestions I can use to grow my SL?

Congrats on the approval!    Since they are so ultra conservative, maybe 11 days is their equivalent of an 'instant decision'.

I also received a prequal letter and I am mulling it over.

I understand they dont always make offers outside their usual physical territories.  I am in NE Floida.  What area are you in?   I am trying to understand if they went into specific regions for this round of prequal letters, or is it pretty much across the nation.

Message 7 of 15
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

not too shabby!! Congrats on the approval!
Message 8 of 15
Want-a-better-FICO
Valued Member

I'm in the Southern Suburbs outside of Chicago, IL.

Starting Score: 509
Current Score: 687 EQ 712TU
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 15
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Want-a-better-FICO wrote:

Welcome to the FNBO lineup.  I got approved for a Rakuten Mastercard back in May 2015 for 2k.  Last month after 5 months I asked for a CLI which was a SP and they increased it to $4,500.  That's a $2,500 increase.  I was so happy, I applied for the Sun Country Visa Signature and Overstock.com World Mastercard.  Both approved at $10,000 and $6,500 respectively.  I think I've read that every 4-6 months you can see if you're eligible for a SP CLI.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.