Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO Auto-CLI!!

tag
andre181
Established Contributor

FNBO Auto-CLI!!

So today I got my statement for my First National Bank of Omaha Platinum Edition Visa. 

On it I noticed that my CL has jumped from $14k to $19k. A $5,000 automatic increase. 

Just last month, I did pay off a BT on that card, which was about $2200. It took my 3 months to pay it off.

I use this card more like a line of credit than a credit card. Almost every month they send me BT checks, usually with no fee and an interest rate of 5.99% fixed. I use them for miscellaneous expenses and once I used them to refinance my car. Random things like that.

Gotta say, even though they are conservitive, FNBO is a great lender. They started me with a CL of $1500 and now its up to $19k.

Thanks FNBO!

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: FNBO Auto-CLI!!

That is a fantastic increase. How long after getting the card did you get the first increase? I just got it last month at 10,000 and was wondering how soon they do automated increases. I do not really need it, I was just curious.

Message 2 of 13
andre181
Established Contributor

In my experience, you are eligible for a CLI about every 4-6 months. 

Don't request an increase online, online is an automatic HP. If you call and ask for a CLI, they will tell you if you are "preapproved" for an increase. Then its a SP. If you aren't preapproved, its an HP. They are really good about telling you if its preapproved.

This is the first increase I've gotten on this card without asking.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 3 of 13
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Very nice increase, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 13
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 5 of 13
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Thank you for the information. I may ask in June if I remember. I was shocked at the high limit so may just leave it alone; incase it was a mistake.

Message 6 of 13
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Awesome increase! Congratulations!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 13
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

had my FNBO Discover since July,  had a 6k CL, this month they gave me a $1500 Auto-CLI to $7500, totally surprised me since I currently have a 33% UTL currently started a new job and doing training out of state so I get to pay all my expenses but then it will be work from home so everything will even out in a few months.  Current total UTL is 20% or so accross my report. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 8 of 13
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

What do yall think about them? They have sent me two preapproved letters in the last couple of months.  I just go the second one this week.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 13
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

What do yall think about them? They have sent me two preapproved letters in the last couple of months.  I just go the second one this week.

I have only had them a month, but they seem fine to me. I had to speak with customer service about them freezing the card for multiple large purchases when I first got it, and both people were decent to talk to.

I like their website design, which is simple and straight to the point with things. You can pay the card from an external account and you have until 5pm to submit the payment for same day posting. They show the total dollar amount of pending charges, but you can not see what the pending charge is for.

Rewards are nothing special. I was mailed the "invitation only" blue American Express card with 2% on groceries and gasoline, and 1% on everything else. It also has no interest until January 2014 and 15.99 after that.

Aren't their mailings nice looking? I had never heard of them and the fancy looking envelope and brochure made it really seem like it was something else. Then I went to the website and saw the card was available for everyone, lol. They looked at Experian for me.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.