Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Established Contributor

FNBO Auto-CLI!!

So today I got my statement for my First National Bank of Omaha Platinum Edition Visa. 

On it I noticed that my CL has jumped from $14k to $19k. A $5,000 automatic increase. 

Just last month, I did pay off a BT on that card, which was about $2200. It took my 3 months to pay it off.

I use this card more like a line of credit than a credit card. Almost every month they send me BT checks, usually with no fee and an interest rate of 5.99% fixed. I use them for miscellaneous expenses and once I used them to refinance my car. Random things like that.

Gotta say, even though they are conservitive, FNBO is a great lender. They started me with a CL of $1500 and now its up to $19k.

Thanks FNBO!

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Valued Contributor

Re: FNBO Auto-CLI!!

That is a fantastic increase. How long after getting the card did you get the first increase? I just got it last month at 10,000 and was wondering how soon they do automated increases. I do not really need it, I was just curious.

Established Contributor

In my experience, you are eligible for a CLI about every 4-6 months. 

Don't request an increase online, online is an automatic HP. If you call and ask for a CLI, they will tell you if you are "preapproved" for an increase. Then its a SP. If you aren't preapproved, its an HP. They are really good about telling you if its preapproved.

This is the first increase I've gotten on this card without asking.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Valued Contributor

Very nice increase, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 832 EX 783 TU 816
App free since 9/15/15
Established Contributor

Congrats

Valued Contributor

Thank you for the information. I may ask in June if I remember. I was shocked at the high limit so may just leave it alone; incase it was a mistake.

Valued Contributor

Awesome increase! Congratulations!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor

had my FNBO Discover since July,  had a 6k CL, this month they gave me a $1500 Auto-CLI to $7500, totally surprised me since I currently have a 33% UTL currently started a new job and doing training out of state so I get to pay all my expenses but then it will be work from home so everything will even out in a few months.  Current total UTL is 20% or so accross my report. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Freedom 6.6k & Amtrak/Freeom 4.6k, FNBO DISC 25.1k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 6k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 12k Sally Mae5.5k Sams Club MC 10k, Paypal Extras MC 7.5k, CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 5.9k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 7k, Discover IT 15.5k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP/HP 4/22/2015
I should have a nice Ruby but site keeps rejecting the img tag
Valued Contributor

What do yall think about them? They have sent me two preapproved letters in the last couple of months.  I just go the second one this week.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 710 TU 727 EX 704 CK 719(FAKO-EX 697, EQ 697, TU 697)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor

Duncanrr wrote:

What do yall think about them? They have sent me two preapproved letters in the last couple of months.  I just go the second one this week.

I have only had them a month, but they seem fine to me. I had to speak with customer service about them freezing the card for multiple large purchases when I first got it, and both people were decent to talk to.

I like their website design, which is simple and straight to the point with things. You can pay the card from an external account and you have until 5pm to submit the payment for same day posting. They show the total dollar amount of pending charges, but you can not see what the pending charge is for.

Rewards are nothing special. I was mailed the "invitation only" blue American Express card with 2% on groceries and gasoline, and 1% on everything else. It also has no interest until January 2014 and 15.99 after that.

Aren't their mailings nice looking? I had never heard of them and the fancy looking envelope and brochure made it really seem like it was something else. Then I went to the website and saw the card was available for everyone, lol. They looked at Experian for me.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.