Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO/JAL Pending *Update Approved*

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

FNBO/JAL Pending *Update Approved*

About five days ago I responded to an email to apply for the JAL (Japan Airlines) card. Took two days for the FNBO website to update the app received and this morning a friendly CSR called to verify me through a bunch of public record questions. I think I answered my mothers age range late (I know I'm a terrible son) and now the app status page can't find my application. Hopefully it updates tomorrow but not holding my breath. 

Does anybody have have any experience with FNBO in a situation like this?  I'm guessing I can't just get a do-over on the ID questions. 

Update:

I decided to call the backdoor number and the friendly rep said it was approved for $12,600!  This is my fourth FNBO card. Also just noticed an auto-CLI on my La Quinta card $24,500>$28,900

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: FNBO/JAL Pending

@B335is wrote:

About five days ago I responded to an email to apply for the JAL (Japan Airlines) card. Took two days for the FNBO website to update the app received and this morning a friendly CSR called to verify me through a bunch of public record questions. I think I answered my mothers age range late (I know I'm a terrible son) and now the app status page can't find my application. Hopefully it updates tomorrow but not holding my breath. 

Does anybody have have any experience with FNBO in a situation like this?  I'm guessing I can't just get a do-over on the ID questions :smikeysad:

I would ignore the application page (for now) and call them up and just ask about it.

They will be very up front with you from my experience with them.

I was caught off-guard deep inside a Walmart when they called me for the Quiz and so i didn't have any notes to draw on but got through that part on pure memory alone somehow.

Yeah, buzz them up and just make sure that your app is still pending because after those questions it goes straight to final underwriting for a solid decision either way.

Message 2 of 8
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Does anybody have have any experience with FNBO in a situation like this?  I'm guessing I can't just get a do-over on the ID questions :smikeysad:

I would ignore the application page (for now) and call them up and just ask about it.

I was caught off-guard deep inside a Walmart when they called me for the Quiz and so i didn't have any notes to draw on but got through that part on pure memory alone somehow.

Yeah, buzz them up and just make sure that your app is still pending because after those questions it goes straight to final underwriting for a solid decision either way.

They always call for verification at the worst times. This morning I was in the shower Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 8
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@B335is wrote:

They always call for verification at the worst times. This morning I was in the shower Smiley LOL

Tell me about it.

They are GOOD!

Congratulations on not only the approval but a fantastic nice start limit too!

I knew when you mentioned the Quiz that it would be no time flat before the decision went through.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FNBO/JAL Pending *Update Approved*

Congratulations, B3! Really nice job on handling this and excellent SL. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

My own LaQuinta Card will soon be coming up on 4 months before too long and is only my second FNBO Card. I'm gradually going to try to add another this year.

Question 4 U: How long is it been since your last approval until this one???

Love FNBO Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

My own LaQuinta Card will soon be coming up on 4 months before too long and is only my second FNBO Card. I'm gradually going to try to add another this year.

Love FNBO Smiley Happy

Last approval was NRA Biz about 4 months ago. Just got a CLI on that one too Smiley Happy

LaQuinta was my first FNBO card and I think it was like 6k starting limit. I've been taking advantage of a BT on it and usually pay 2-3x the minimum payment. 

Message 7 of 8
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Love FNBO Smiley Happy

Last approval was NRA Biz about 4 months ago. Just got a CLI on that one too Smiley Happy

LaQuinta was my first FNBO card and I think it was like 6k starting limit. I've been taking advantage of a BT on it and usually pay 2-3x the minimum payment. 

Got that B335is. Thanks

Just started a BT with FNBO this week (My Very First with them).

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.