Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO Pre-Approved?

tag
Hightechredneck
Frequent Contributor

Re: FNBO Pre-Approved?

Well I decided to sit this one out. I have more than enough credit with all the other cards I have. Maybe after the first of the year.

Message 21 of 43
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

I received the first Amex letter early last Fall when my score was in the 640 range. They stated inquiries, not enough history.

this spring, I got another one and inquiries was the only reason. I don't remember which CRA, but I'm sure I had. 12-15 on my report

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 22 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Involver wrote:
I apped after getting a pre-approval and was approved for the Amex.

They can be INQ sensitive and also pull ARS in addition to EX (for me).

how much credit limit did FNBO give you ? 

Message 23 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm wondering the same thing.  I got their pre approval letter and applied online with their codes and got the "you're approved" message and card will arrive in 7-10 days, but no mention at all of the credit limit...??  Whatever it is it's OK because of the free FICO that comes with it !

Message 24 of 43
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

It was about two years ago when I got my preapproval letter from them.  I pulled the trigger and got approved.  At the time it was a pretty good CL for me.  I have never actually gotten an auto CLI from them, even though every time I ask for an increase they give it to me.  It isn't really anything special, but mine was for the Amex.  This felt kinda special and I think that is why I apped for it.  It was my first Amex, but now I have two real Amex's.  Some times they have some special promotions for balance transfers.  I used on for my nieces bill to me and transferred her balance from my CapOne card to them to save her some money on the interest.  I would have used one of the newer cards that I have for no interest during the intro, but her balance to me is greater than I would like so I didn't want to have too hard a hit on the util.  Currently it is about 50% of that cards limit, so I don't like it that much, but next time I do get a CLI it should be below 30% or near abouts.

I personally think they are a good bank, but the rewards could be better to entice me to actually use the card.  Although that still might be difficult with the range of cards I have!

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 25 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 26 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm wondering the same thing.  I got their pre approval letter and applied online with their codes and got the "you're approved" message and card will arrive in 7-10 days, but no mention at all of the credit limit...??  Whatever it is it's OK because of the free FICO that comes with it !

my status was up within 24 hours prior an email congratulating me and confirming it has been sent to my house. 

https://www.firstnational.com/RetailWeb/default/cardservices/application-status/show-form

Message 27 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

my status was up within 24 hours prior an email congratulating me and confirming it has been sent to my house. 

https://www.firstnational.com/RetailWeb/default/cardservices/application-status/show-form

Thanks, Smode !  I clicked the link you furnished, entered my info and got my limit !  I appreciate your help !!

Message 28 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks, Smode !  I clicked the link you furnished, entered my info and got my limit !  I appreciate your help !!

do you know what your score was or maybe i should wait until i get my packet because they seem to use a different score i think ? 

Message 29 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure what my score was or even which bureau they pull.  One of the reasons I like getting this card is so I can keep track of the FICO score !

Message 30 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.