Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO gotta love them...

tag
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

FNBO gotta love them...

Well I guess its that time again, FNBO gave me an auto-CLI to my highest limit ever, $11,900 from from $9500, so a $2.400 auto-CLI  which is awesome despite the card has a $6300 balance currently, using it for BT's love there 5.99% for life deals, perhaps they will send another out this month.

I am now a member of the over $10,000 CL club, and it didn't even require a HP or a call to GE Credit Solutions.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: FNBO gotta love them...

Message 2 of 12
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

What does GE Credit Solutions have to do with FNBO Bank?
Message 4 of 12
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
What does GE Credit Solutions have to do with FNBO Bank?

GE Credit Solutions is a way to get very high CL's in a short amount of time, they have been known to be very generous and could be considered a back door to getting a TL with a 10k limit, and high limits lead to other high limits. I mentioned it because I managed to get this high limit without calling them ever despite the urge to do so when it feels like my amazon and walmart cards have been stuck at the same limit for 6 months or more.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 5 of 12
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I kinda keep this card as a backup emergency card and never use it.  I do charge on it once in a while to keep from closing, so I don't think I will ever get a CLI!

It is a nice looking card though.  I have the Amex one. 

Congrats on the increase though.  I might actually have to use the GE path, unless Compass ups my limit again in January!  I can't imagine they will only raise it another $500 at the one year mark, but maybe.  The current limit on it is $8500, which is my highest card!  My PayPal is $7500 so it is a close second and probably much easier to get an increase on.  For me it is kind of a mute point to have $10K+, but it would be nice just to see it!

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

What I was bringing up is FNBO Bank has no connection to GE Retail Bank or their GE Credit Cards so how could GE Credit Solutions affect FNBO Bank Credit Cards?

Message 7 of 12
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Congrats!! I love my FNBO Amex!! They have been super good to me!!!

The op is talking about getting a limit on any card for over 10k. Alot of people break over the 10k limit with GE backed cards. They did not have to do that in this case.....their first over 10k card is this one.
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Understand now. Thanks "snowkitty".
Message 9 of 12
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.