Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Regular Contributor
Posts: 124
Registered: ‎10-06-2009
0

Re: FYI Target CLI

It's a big dark secret that only Target is Privey to.  Ha!  If your at $1,000 after 2 years your doing good.

11/15/11- TU FICO 707 EQ FICO 710 EXP FAKO 738 (USBANK)
12/12/11 - TU Fico 727 EQ FICO 710 EXP FAKO 739 (USBANK)
Goal Score - 750 by 12/31/2012
New Member
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎09-26-2010
0

Re: FYI Target CLI

It's strange...I called today and CSR told me that they are not reviewing accounts for CLI's at this time...Smiley Sad


Starting Score: 594
Current Score: 684
Goal Score: 760


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Epic Contributor
Posts: 25,801
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: FYI Target CLI


creditstar1 wrote:

It's strange...I called today and CSR told me that they are not reviewing accounts for CLI's at this time...Smiley Sad


I really dont' think people actually do the reviewing... I think they type in some formula and the computer goes to work for a week and then it's back to the dark corner for us all to sit with no love... I really kind of hate them as a bank, but I shop there so often that I just keep using the cards despite the CL.

But it is fun to say I would like to devide this purchase up among my 4 target cards!!! always gets an eyebrow raise from the checkout person

Fico Scores 8: EX 694. TU 689. EQ 658. 05/26/2015
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 485
Registered: ‎07-31-2007
0

Re: FYI Target CLI

I've been at $200 since 2005!  I have now reached a credit score of 745.  I have no clue what's up. But I keep usin my card and paying it off!  BOOOOO target.

Valued Member
Posts: 32
Registered: ‎10-12-2010
0

Re: FYI Target CLI


Creditaddict wrote:

I really dont' think people actually do the reviewing... I think they type in some formula and the computer goes to work for a week and then it's back to the dark corner for us all to sit with no love... I really kind of hate them as a bank, but I shop there so often that I just keep using the cards despite the CL.

But it is fun to say I would like to devide this purchase up among my 4 target cards!!! always gets an eyebrow raise from the checkout person


Just out of curiosity, how did you end up with 4 Target cards? I didn't know that was possible! Smiley Tongue

Epic Contributor
Posts: 25,801
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: FYI Target CLI

 


vegas_wife wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

I really dont' think people actually do the reviewing... I think they type in some formula and the computer goes to work for a week and then it's back to the dark corner for us all to sit with no love... I really kind of hate them as a bank, but I shop there so often that I just keep using the cards despite the CL.

But it is fun to say I would like to devide this purchase up among my 4 target cards!!! always gets an eyebrow raise from the checkout person


Just out of curiosity, how did you end up with 4 Target cards? I didn't know that was possible! Smiley Tongue


 

well when the first one never got increases, I applied and got another while my credit was pretty good... still got $200.

Then a few months later was spending about $200 and I was like I want the visa and I want 10% off this purchase so I applied and got another $200.

Then the following year, being last year I was like no way they will give me another and boom... approved $200!

I tried to consolidate... they were happy to close out 3 and let me keep 1... umm duh no! consolidate all my credit lines into one! that was not an option.

Fico Scores 8: EX 694. TU 689. EQ 658. 05/26/2015
Valued Member
Posts: 32
Registered: ‎10-12-2010
0

Re: FYI Target CLI


Creditaddict wrote:

 

well when the first one never got increases, I applied and got another while my credit was pretty good... still got $200.

Then a few months later was spending about $200 and I was like I want the visa and I want 10% off this purchase so I applied and got another $200.

Then the following year, being last year I was like no way they will give me another and boom... approved $200!

I tried to consolidate... they were happy to close out 3 and let me keep 1... umm duh no! consolidate all my credit lines into one! that was not an option.


That's hilarious! I had no idea that it was possible to do such a thing. I just assumed they would flag your  SS# after one and that would be it. Very interesting, though. Thanks for sharing!

Regular Contributor
Posts: 240
Registered: ‎02-27-2010
0

Re: FYI Target CLI

Are we talking Target store card or their visa?

The dress is GOLD AND WHITE!

Starting Score: 561
Current Score: 735 FICO
Goal Score: 740

Decode the algorithm, beat the system. Credit is a game.


Decode the algorithm, beat the system. Credit is a game.
Epic Contributor
Posts: 25,801
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: FYI Target CLI

 


JasonBourneOfCredit wrote:

Are we talking Target store card or their visa?


Store cards, they never approved me for a visa

 

Fico Scores 8: EX 694. TU 689. EQ 658. 05/26/2015
Regular Contributor
Posts: 114
Registered: ‎04-29-2008
0

Re: FYI Target CLI

My fiance just checked his Target store card and they bumped his CL from $300 to $1000!  Woot!  It's his birthday today, so maybe it was Target's way of saying "Happy Birthday" Smiley Wink


Starting Score: EQ 749 TU 751
Current Score: EQ 758 TU 776
Goal Score: 780


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.