Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FYI Target CLI

tag
mross1080
Established Contributor

Re: FYI Target CLI

@Anonymous wrote:

My fiance just checked his Target store card and they bumped his CL from $300 to $1000!  Woot!  It's his birthday today, so maybe it was Target's way of saying "Happy Birthday" Smiley Wink

Congrats and Happy Birthday! I just checked mine again and nothingSmiley Sad. Im convinced they hate me. Crappy 300 limit. I have to go Christmas shopping in a couple weeks and have to buy 2 psp go's and a xbox with that kinetic thing so I think target is about to lose out to walmart yet again. Would like to have that 5% though.

Message 21 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mross1080 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My fiance just checked his Target store card and they bumped his CL from $300 to $1000!  Woot!  It's his birthday today, so maybe it was Target's way of saying "Happy Birthday" Smiley Wink

Congrats and Happy Birthday! I just checked mine again and nothingSmiley Sad. Im convinced they hate me. Crappy 300 limit. I have to go Christmas shopping in a couple weeks and have to buy 2 psp go's and a xbox with that kinetic thing so I think target is about to lose out to walmart yet again. Would like to have that 5% though.

How long has the account been open?  My fiance opened his in Feb of 2009.  Nothing had changed with the CL until today.

Message 22 of 40
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

1. 1999 same $300

2. 2008 - $200

3. 2009 - $1000 now after the 800 increase last round of increases they did

4. 2009 - $200

so far I have not seen anything for this round of CLI they are giving

Message 23 of 40
mross1080
Established Contributor

They make no sense at all. I dont know whats crazier you not getting a CLI in 11 years on a 300 dollar card or that you havent went crazy and burned it in a rage yet.

Message 24 of 40
mross1080
Established Contributor

And mine was opened march of 09

Message 25 of 40
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@mross1080 wrote:

They make no sense at all. I dont know whats crazier you not getting a CLI in 11 years on a 300 dollar card or that you havent went crazy and burned it in a rage yet.

the funny thing is, I have now gone through 2 bankruptcy's (well that's not funny) but target has never been included in any of them and 2 of the cards I actually got while in my ch 13.  They just never say no but also don't reward me for anything.... I have seen my scores in the 400's after ch 7 in 01' all the way up in the 700's and still no love from them.  I even had a joint target visa for a little while, that wasn't much better in my experience but didn't keep it long either

Message 26 of 40
mross1080
Established Contributor

You would think that your little target card thats been through hell and back deserves a little cli love.

Message 27 of 40
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@mross1080 wrote:

You would think that your little target card thats been through hell and back deserves a little cli love.

right... I think at some point they changed it, but back in 99 Target only used 6 or 7 digits for accounts.... sometime in the 200's years they ran out of those account numbers and had to change into however many they have now!

Message 28 of 40
mross1080
Established Contributor

I guess you should just keep it for comedic affect now. I mean can you have a card for 20 years and mantain that limit?

Message 29 of 40
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

If I had not locked all my reports, I would probably apply for a new card every sunday when I buy my cases of wine and groceries... I mean I spend between 200-400 a week, those 10% would be amazing!

Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.