Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling the Chase love.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Feeling the Chase love.

Two years ago I was added as an authorized signed to one of my parents' Amex Premier Rewards Gold card.  That was closed during May of this year and I figured I should go and get a credit card of my own.

Needless to say with almost zero credit history, and having just started my first job after college, it was tough going.  I was approved for a Discover It card with a limit of $500 and a Capital One QuickSilverOne card with a limit of $300 in June.

Fast forward four months and after monitoring my credit scores (FICO showed 700-750), an offer popped up for Chase Freedom on Credit Karma with "fair" approval odds.  I said screw it and applied.  Boom, approved with a $2,500 limit.  Logged onto Chase and another offer popped up for the Chase Sapphire Preferred card.  Applied again, boom, approved with a $5,000 limit.  Only one HP, too.  I also wanted the Amazon Prime Rewards card through Chase, applied, got that too with a limit of $2,000.  Lastly, applied for the TD Ameritrade client rewards card because I have a brokerage account with them and figured I could maybe get some limit love on that.  Approved for $15,000 limit.  Around this time, I saw another offer for the Amex Premier Rewards Gold card and applied and was approved for that as well.  Not super important but I also got a $100 CLI on my Capital One card and a $300 CLI on my Discover card.

So, in 4 months with almost no credit history, I went from a total of $800 in available credit on two cards to being approved for basically every single card I wanted and getting a 32x increase in my total available credit.  Firmly planting myself in the garden for the forseeable future.

Also refinanced my car during this time out of my parents names and into mine so I can get some installment loan history on my report as well.  Safe to say October was a great month for me.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Feeling the Chase love.

I am a member of the Chase fan club. Welcome! I'm glad to read you are gardening. Also, I hope you were able to get some good sign up bonuses and you're able to meet them. Always nice to get a little something with a new card.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Elktech!  I got the 50k points for 4k spending with the CSP, $100 for $500 with the Freedom, $100 for $500 with the TD Client Rewards, and the $70 gift card with the Amazon Prime.  CSP should be pretty easy since I have travel coming up.  Looking forward to redeeming those points once I accrue enough PTO in my new job to take a worthwhile trip.

Message 3 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats. Indeed a nice spree to get you through your 5/24 periodSmiley Happy Enjoy!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice haul.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is excellent news! C O N G R A T U L T I O N S!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.