Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fell out of the garden thanks to Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fell out of the garden thanks to Amex

Opened up my e-mail today and had an offer from Amex.

I have been wanting to close my BCE card for a while and I had talked to them about it. I dont like cash back. I wanted to get the ED card.

Today they offered me the EDP. Waived the first year fee, 30k MR points with 3k spend and 0% APR for 15 months.

So, I applied and was approved for 8k. Transfered 17k from my BCE card and closed it. I now have a $25k Every Day Prefered card from Amex. Feeling very happy this morning! Great way to start my weekend. Now to go swap out this Silver Spade...  =(

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fell out of the garden thanks to Amex

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been wanting to close my BCE card for a while and I had talked to them about it. I dont like cash back. I wanted to get the ED card.

Today they offered me the EDP. Waived the first year fee, 30k MR points with 3k spend and 0% APR for 15 months.

So, I applied and was approved for 8k. Transfered 17k from my BCE card and closed it. I now have a $25k Every Day Prefered card from Amex. Feeling very happy this morning! Great way to start my weekend. Now to go swap out this Silver Spade...  =(

Congratulations on your new card! Nice starting limit, too. 

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. The 50% points adds up. Still 2x at Amazon btw
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the new card!!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! That certainly seems worth hopping the garden fence for!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 9
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you !!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone! Card showed up yesterday. Got to use it a couple times today. Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.