Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fidelity AmEx CLI 5X

tag
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Fidelity AmEx CLI 5X

Last October Fidelity offered me a card - which I really had no need for, but it was all but approved because of my stock account, so I accepted. Opened with a "useless" $2000 credit limit, so I sock drawered it from the get go and never used it (BoA and I don't see eye to eye, even though this is FIA). I've been getting notices on the new Fidelity Signature Visa and I was wondering if ELAN (US Bank) would issue a "Signature" with a $2000 CL, but today the request a credit limit increase option showed up on my account. Asked what I was requesting and I said $10,000 figuring it would be declined - Boom approved $10k. This card was on my close list for next fall "thinning" due to the low limit and I have other 2-3-5% cards, guess that's not going to happen now.

Interesting thing, I closed my Barclay's Apple Visa 9.5k CL and my eBates Visa $10k CL last week as part of my thinning, in the last couple of days my Chase Freedom Unlimited went from $3.5k to $10k and my Fidelity went from 2k to $10k, so in fact the "loss" of available credit is next to nothing - funny how things work out. Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fidelity AmEx CLI 5X

That worked out to your benifit for sure!  It goes along with the motto that you shouldn't apply for credit you dont need. 

Message 2 of 8
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Very nice!

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!

Message 4 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Nice, Congrats

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet!

Message 6 of 8
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!!
Message 7 of 8
CatOfSpades
Frequent Contributor

Very cool! I've been thinking of getting rid of a couple of cards as well. Congratulations! 

♠Queen of Spades♠
Apple Card MC $10,000
BofA Cash Rewards VS $10,000
5/3 Cash/Back WEMC $10,000
Discover IT $7,500
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.