Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fidelity Amex approval

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Fidelity Amex approval

$7500

Pulled EX, EX '08 = 702 (when there were no inquiries, so possibly less when FIA got it as Chase inquiry landed first), couldn't tell you what they used in particular me as they're slow on sending things apparently, but the account showed up in my Fidelity interface but I think BOFA (and therefore FIA) uses a standard FICO '08 rather than a bankcard-enhanced but hopefully they give me specifics eventually.

Comparitive data

Largest current tradeline 9K (Amex BCP)

1 scorable inquiry on EX at time of pull (within the last year)

3 tax liens, 1 collection, and a 60 day late on the report at time of pull, including one from 11/2013 which is listed as released currently.

Utilization 4%

Hooray for new default personal spending card!  I'm actually pretty stoked about this one as other than the JCB Makurai which ain't no way I qualify for yet, this is as good as it gets for me for things that fall to default.

        
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Fidelity Amex approval

@Revelate wrote:

$7500

Pulled EX, EX '08 = 702 (when there were no inquiries, so possibly less when FIA got it as Chase inquiry landed first), couldn't tell you what they used in particular me as they're slow on sending things apparently, but the account showed up in my Fidelity interface but I think BOFA (and therefore FIA) uses a standard FICO '08 rather than a bankcard-enhanced but hopefully they give me specifics eventually.

Comparitive data

3 tax liens, 1 collection, and a 60 day late on the report at time of pull, including one from 11/2013 which is listed as released currently.

Utilization 4%

Hooray for new default personal spending card!  I'm actually pretty stoked about this one as other than the JCB Makurai which ain't no way I qualify for yet, this is as good as it gets for me for things that fall to default.

Fidelity Amex is pretty popular CC these days. Heard nothing but complete satisfaction from their holders.

Happy Congrats! for you on landing that useful card indeed!

Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 19
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! Great card. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

$7500

Comparitive data

Utilization 4%

Congrats Revelate 

I'm in shock you left the garden you stayed a long time indeed and it has paid off with a good card and limit too 

Gardening works for sure 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 19
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats, great card to add!
Message 5 of 19
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats!  As I've said, at the top of my list once the harvest is complete.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 6 of 19
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Very nice buddy!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 19
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

WTG Congrats on your approval, Rev! 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 8 of 19
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@myjourney wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

$7500

Comparitive data

Utilization 4%

Congrats Revelate 

I'm in shock you left the garden you stayed a long time indeed and it has paid off with a good card and limit too 

Gardening works for sure 

Hehe, you probably shouldn't be: I don't check in with the Garden thread that often but I've usually stated gardening till mortgage or mortgage bust, and I fell into the mortgage bust category for at least the next year and probably more now.

When I walked into to Chase and setup a business account, and they told me I was pre-approved for an Ink (which is another I've actually wanted for a bit, connectivity bills for me are non-trivial) after I got over my astonishment and picked one, it was a no-brainer to take the shot at the Fidelity Amex as well given my opinions on application clustering.  

I'm debating taking an extended re-fi on my car in a couple months, more cash, lower interest rate, some absurdly low payment and just extend the tradeline for a while since I no longer have the DTI issues and I might need cash on hand more than I need a paid off car (have to see if it affects my insurance rates at all) and also will probably roll over my secured installment loan at USAA when mine runs out later this year (7 year term this time!); however, beyond that or if I get to a point credit wise (which'll probably be years) where I can qualify for either a Cash+ or the aforementioned Makurai card, it's probably just gardening till I either start travelling, or mortgage again, or 4 years pass and my file turns to a clean sheet... as the flat 2% card generally matches the restaurant rewards I was missing.

        
Message 9 of 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Revelate wrote:

$7500

Comparitive data

Utilization 4%

Grats on your new card Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.