Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fifth Third Bank (5/3rd) approved

tag
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: Fifth Third Bank (5/3rd) approved

@12njoy wrote:

Applied for 5/3 credit card on 3/6/14 and received a letter with my credit score on 3/12/14.  Interesting enough, the letter said my TU FICO score was 744.  My credit monitoring has my FAKO score at 703 and both my Barclays and Walmart show my TU FICO at 702.  Don't know what gives.  Possibily, 5/3rd does their own scoring based off of TU, but the letter clearly said my TU FICO was 744.  Don't really care what it is now that I've been approved.  Felt so good I applied for US Bank who pulled TU too.  Talked with underwriting who said they needed to verify my information due to recent new accounts and wanted to make sure that it was really me applying.  They said they  would make a decision in 2-3 business days.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this US Bank, especially since they pulled TU and everything I've read here says that they are super conservative.  I've read that they usually pull Experian, so I'm grateful.  I checked Experian and Equifax which are frozen and no SP's as of yet.  Underwriting said they probably will have a decision on Monday, March 17th. 

Congrats on your approval Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 21 of 40
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Wade64 wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

Applied for 5/3 credit card on 3/6/14 and received a letter with my credit score on 3/12/14.  Interesting enough, the letter said my TU FICO score was 744.  My credit monitoring has my FAKO score at 703 and both my Barclays and Walmart show my TU FICO at 702.  Don't know what gives.  Possibily, 5/3rd does their own scoring based off of TU, but the letter clearly said my TU FICO was 744.  Don't really care what it is now that I've been approved.  Felt so good I applied for US Bank who pulled TU too.  Talked with underwriting who said they needed to verify my information due to recent new accounts and wanted to make sure that it was really me applying.  They said they  would make a decision in 2-3 business days.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this US Bank, especially since they pulled TU and everything I've read here says that they are super conservative.  I've read that they usually pull Experian, so I'm grateful.  I checked Experian and Equifax which are frozen and no SP's as of yet.  Underwriting said they probably will have a decision on Monday, March 17th. 

Congrats on your approval Smiley Happy

Thanks

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 22 of 40
12njoy
Super Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:
Nearing 18 months good standing with them and they issued an ultimatum. 6 months history more, and they know every day is being tallied on my Calender for Cash+.
Smiley Happy

Any guess as to an opinion on my app? Called to check today and underwriting said they a department needed to verify information.  He put me on hold telling me he would transfer me to the verification department.  Well he came back and said he verified my information with the other department and they just wanted to make sure it was me applying since I have a few new accounts and new inquiries.  He said they was putting application back in processing and would hear something most likely Monday.  Any ideas?

___________ 12Njoy
Message 23 of 40
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 24 of 40
Involver
Valued Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@Involver wrote:

Congrats on the approval.  Just got this card myself, and I wish they wouldve pulled my 08 instead of my 04 haha.

Thank you.  What was your limit and score?

$6000 / 728.  At the time of app I was 9% util with a freshly cleaned up report.  Part of my first real "app spree" ever Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 40
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Involver wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@Involver wrote:

Congrats on the approval.  Just got this card myself, and I wish they wouldve pulled my 08 instead of my 04 haha.

Thank you.  What was your limit and score?

$6000 / 728.  At the time of app I was 9% util with a freshly cleaned up report.  Part of my first real "app spree" ever Smiley Happy

That's awesome.  I hope I can score the card.  I've read where people went through the US Bank verification process and were approved instantly on the same call.  This makes me a little nervous.  I wish I had that 5/3 showing on my report.  Back in the day US Bank and 5/3 were big time competitors.  Well that was the bank before they were bought out by US Bank.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 26 of 40
Involver
Valued Contributor

5/3 reported within two days of my opening of the account.

One thing I have to say though is that their website and mobile app are ... not great.  And setting up online payments from other accounts isn't really an easy thing like with other banks.  You either have to send in checks, pay at a branch (I work across the street from one), or push them.

Not the end of the world, but not super convenient either.

I'm largely going to use this account for recurring bills to keep it active and use the World benefits if ever necessary.  Now's the time to build accounts so I'm trying to cover a lot of those specific bases.

Good luck with US Bank Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 40
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Involver wrote:

5/3 reported within two days of my opening of the account.

One thing I have to say though is that their website and mobile app are ... not great.  And setting up online payments from other accounts isn't really an easy thing like with other banks.  You either have to send in checks, pay at a branch (I work across the street from one), or push them.

Not the end of the world, but not super convenient either.

I'm largely going to use this account for recurring bills to keep it active and use the World benefits if ever necessary.  Now's the time to build accounts so I'm trying to cover a lot of those specific bases.

Good luck with US Bank Smiley Happy

Thanks, I'll report back either way.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 28 of 40
12njoy
Super Contributor

US Bank approved $3,000.  Requested increase to $5,000, pending 2-3 days.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 29 of 40
12njoy
Super Contributor

Recieved 5/3 card in the mail today.  Didn't realize it was a "World Mastercard".  My second one. Whoohoo.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.