Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fifth Third Trio Card Approval

tag
jtw34240
Regular Contributor

Fifth Third Trio Card Approval

I applied online for fifth third card. Approved for only $500. Is amongst my lowest limit cards but no annual fee plus it's an in with Fifth Third Bank. My score was at 646, my score has decreased because I have some cards with too much utilization. My score was over 700 but it dropped 60 points due to utilization. i plan on paying down balances on some of my cards. Anyway i'm quite familiar with fifth third bank. They are an ohio bank and they were in kentucky where i used to live but they have branches here in town in Florida where i live now.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fifth Third Trio Card Approval

Congrats! ☺
Message 2 of 10
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Little word of advice that can help. With that drop in FICO and low start limit, when your FICO rebounds back up again then you will stand a good chance at a much higher start limit for a second card with them instead of battling for a CLI.

5/3rd is much better with new approvals but not so much where concerns requests for CLI.

Just thought i would drop that in for you to consider if you want. I have (2) cards already (long term) and closed (1) to app for the newest one that yielded a higher line when i did.

Congratulations on your getting in with them with this approval! Its a start. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 10
Caleb87
New Contributor

Be careful. I had nothing but headaches with them. I suggest do not sign up for thier fraud protection
Message 4 of 10
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Caleb87 wrote:
Be careful. I had nothing but headaches with them. I suggest do not sign up for thier fraud protection

Please explain for all of us.

Especially if it's something we need to keep an eye out on. Thanks

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.  They approved mine yesterday with a 1K SL.  At least we are in.   A KY boy living in FL now myself.

Message 6 of 10
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

I just applied for this card with a similar score. They pulled equifax so I'm hoping to get a approval. It went to a pending status.

Message 7 of 10
jtw34240
Regular Contributor

I had a lot of inquiries. They pulled equifax and they did a soft on TransUnion
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received the targeted mailer on the 30th. $350 wirh $500 spend. Applied on line apply53. Response thanked me for my application. Also said, "upon receiving your card you can add an authorized user". But no, "You're approved". Called phone number listed on line. Worthless. Called number on mailer. "We have received your application. Please call back in a few days". Called today, the 2nd, and, "Approved for 5,000. Please expect your card in 7-10 days". Well, alrighty then!!
Is my 7th unsecured credit card since early February with 1 being the Amazon store card. What surprises me is I have been approved for 6 of them all within the past 31 days. Discover, American Express, Chase Freedom and Chase AARP
(Both on same day with only 1 hp), Amazon Prime Store Card, and the newest 5/3 Trio card. My 1st was the USBank Visa Signature Cash with $1500 sl. Asked for $1300 cli after 6 months and received without a hp. I received USBank card after only being approved for "half" of what I needed for a 30g Tacoma. Approved for full amount via a bank the dealership works with. 2.34% with 0 down. FICO pulled then was 720.
To conclude.......credit history only 2 years old. Built score by using the Suntrust secured card and a USBank secured Aero Mexico. Both give rewards which is unheard of! (Share this info). Both $300. From 400 to 720 FICO in less than 2 years. I just turned 58. Payed cash for 35 years. It has been an uphill climb for the past 2 years!! But I did it and I'm no different than anybody else! I'm just....determined!
Mothers, tell your children not to do what I have done!
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received the targeted mailer and applied yesterday. I also got the "thank you for your application, upon receiving your card you can add an authorized user" message. I called this morning to ask how long it would take to receive an answer and the CSR said to call back 72 hours. They pulled TU (didn't see anything pulled for EQ and not sure if anything was pulled from EX). I think my odds are good but I have already applied and been approved for three different credit cards in the past two months, so we'll see what happens.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.