Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally Approved for amex!

tag
Denny33142
Regular Contributor

Finally Approved for amex!

I had the Zync with the $500 limit and after 2 years i finally gave up on ever having the limit lifted and cancelled it about 6 months ago, I have probably applied for amex about 8 times in the last 2 years and have been declined every time.

Monday i applied again, it wasn't instant but about 3 hours later i get an email saying it was approved and that i would receive the card within 7 days! Today i get a package from UPS and it was the card, looks like they sent it overnight even though i didn't request it, Also today i get an email from Discover saying they did an Auto CLI of 500! Happy week for me Smiley Happy.

I think what might be helping my credit is the fact that i got a car loan from Capital One about 6 months ago, before this i didn't have any history of installment loans.

Also on the "Member Since" portion of the card it is saying 2013, I thought amex would backdate?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Finally Approved for amex!

Congarts WTG

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 18
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

I believe you have to call in to request a backdate, Congrats!! Do you think that AMEX likes to see installment loans as well?? My DS has applied twice and hasnt been able to get approved even with a EX FICO of 702.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 3 of 18
myjourney
Super Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

I believe you have to call in to request a backdate, Congrats!! Do you think that AMEX likes to see installment loans as well?? My DS has applied twice and hasnt been able to get approved even with a EX FICO of 702.

Correct but don't mention backdating just say my member date is incorrect

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 18
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

oh my bad hahah say what myjourney said

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 5 of 18
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Congrats!
Message 6 of 18
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Wow, congrats!! your AMEX application page looks like mine lol.  Only difference is that mine still has "declined" written all over it.   Soon i'll be trying for that same one- PRG or Delta until I get it!  Enjoy your new card, congrats once again.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 7 of 18
TheConductor
Established Contributor

I think the lack of backdating is common if your prior account has been closed a while. 

When I received my Zync card (after having had my old Delta Gold closed for a while), I waited to receive the card, then logged into my old Amex account, *then* activated the new card, and it instantly showed me as Member Since 2007.  Then I just called customer service and said "Hey, my member since date is 2007 but my new Zync card says 2012.  Can I get a replacement card?".  And they sent it right out.

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
Message 8 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congratulations! They expedite the PRG by default. It's a nice little perk.
Message 9 of 18
missjae
Established Contributor

Congrats!! They expedited my most recent card without me asking as well! I love Amex.
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.