cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally I am in with American Express and 2 card approved!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally I am in with American Express and 2 card approved!!!!

Wow I was not expecting to go back to apping so soon but I saw the rare offer of 100k points for the hilton card , I travel allot and already am a hilton honors member so I pulled the trigger and got approved! for $1,000 credit limit and since I learened from here that if approved for one I can app for another american express on the same hard pull so I went to the prequalified and saw BCE and applied waited and waited and counter offered me with the same card still with NO annual fee but it does not include the 0% intro or the $200 bonus for spending my first $1,000 and a SL of $500 i said ok and accepted their counter offer! I am just happy to be in with american express after years of hard work. 

My EX during app approval was a 653 with 2 baddies and 7 lates from 3 years ago and AAoA of 2 years and UTI 23% 

I have a question though I know I didn't get any perks with the blue cash every day except the no annual fee but I did get 100k HH points with the hilton card BUT my SL is only $1,000 on that card so how am I going to get the 100k points when it says I need to spend $3k first 3 months of opening the card????

21 REPLIES 21
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: Finally I am in with American Express and 2 card approved!!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow I was not expecting to go back to apping so soon but I saw the rare offer of 100k points for the hilton card , I travel allot and already am a hilton honors member so I pulled the trigger and got approved! for $1,000 credit limit and since I learened from here that if approved for one I can app for another american express on the same hard pull so I went to the prequalified and saw BCE and applied waited and waited and counter offered me with the same card still with NO annual fee but it does not include the 0% intro or the $200 bonus for spending my first $1,000 and a SL of $500 i said ok and accepted their counter offer! I am just happy to be in with american express after years of hard work. 

My EX during app approval was a 653 with 2 baddies and 7 lates from 3 years ago and AAoA of 2 years and UTI 23% 

I have a question though I know I didn't get any perks with the blue cash every day except the no annual fee but I did get 100k HH points with the hilton card BUT my SL is only $1,000 on that card so how am I going to get the 100k points when it says I need to spend $3k first 3 months of opening the card????

You should have waited with the BCE card since it comes with a starting bonus as high as $450 total.  And it is a lifttime bonus.

As far as spending goes, you can run $5,000 through it. You just spend $800 several times and pay off each time you see the charge on your card.  If the AmEx website won't allow you, you just pay it through your own bank.  If you run $500/week, in two months, you'll run $4,000 through it. 

Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I forgot since it had adjusted bonuses offer for the BCE didn't have the 0% interest intro, and no $250 bonus after spending $1,000 the only thing it will have is $0 annual fee but what I am wondering is will it still have the basic cashback of every normal BCE like 3% groceries 2% gas and 1% on everything else?

And as far as the Hilton card since my limit is only $1,000 and I would need to spend $1,000 per month to get the 100k hilton points for the first 3 months to spend $3,000 its not practicle for me Smiley Sad I wish I had at least $3,000 CLI and then it would be plausable for me and my situation, Because I don't think I can spend $1,000 a month and pay it off completely after each month just to reach the $3k spending in the first 3 months to get my 100k hilton points Smiley Sad 

At least I am finally in the AMEX family though.

\

Message 3 of 22
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Well, if you can't do the $3,000 spending, then it is of no use to you.  Ask your parents or friends to help to spend! Smiley Very Happy

When we had the BCE card, we had the lowest $500 credit limit for a 18-year old.  We had to spend $2,000 to get the $450 bonus, $250 to spend $1,000 and $200 more (20%) on $1,000 Amazon spending.  So you just spend like $400 for a week and pay it in days.  You do it 5 times and you are done with $2,000 spending.

I figure you can do the same with $3,000 spending.  It is perfectly legal.  As long as you stay with in your credit limit.  For some cards, you can ask AmEx to go beyond your credit limit, but I do not think you can get there with a new card.

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow I just appd for the United Mileage Plus Explorer Visa Signature by Chase and said needed further look into so I will recon that on monday, and I JUST GOT APPROVED for the Amazon Prime Visa Signature with a SL of $3,000 I'm already a prime member and use amazon allot so the 5% cashback on amazon, 2% gas and restuarants and 1% on everything else is great!

I will stop the spree with the united chase card after recon on monday. I should have a good chance since I have a Chase freedom and the amazon prime card i just got approved for is from chase bank. 

Wish me luck!

Message 5 of 22
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow I just appd for the United Mileage Plus Explorer Visa Signature by Chase and said needed further look into so I will recon that on monday, and I JUST GOT APPROVED for the Amazon Prime Visa Signature with a SL of $3,000 I'm already a prime member and use amazon allot so the 4% cashback will be usefull! 

I will stop the spree with the united chase card after recon on monday. I should have a good chance since I have a Chase freedom and the amazon prime card i just got approved for is from chase bank. 

Wish me luck!

Good luck. But I feel that you going to luck out with this one.  By Monday Chase will see your spree and they will stop you right there.  

I think you should stop.  You are not even getting any of the benefits.  With your spree, I think you may have already locked yourself for a year for new applicatioins.

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey I had a question, so about the Amex Hilton Honors Surpass card I got approved for $1,000 but to get the 100k honors points I need to spend $3k in 3 months, this is much harder to do with a limit of only $1k because putting all my bills on this card its challenging to pay off $1,000 per month rather than at least having a 3k limit where I have the freedom to carry a balance as long as I pay bills and stuff I would normally purchase and be able to hit the $3k in 3 months.

My question is does anyone know of a Recon Number or any Amex number that specifically help people in this situation where basically I am asking to a credit limit increase for this situation?

Also this card gets to me tomorrow.

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, I also just got in with Amex for the first time (barely). Got the Amex ED with a $500 CL but it's a start. No AF so I'm happy with that, and I know it will grow over time.

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats I also got approved for the blue cash everyday the same day but like you as well only for $500 CL but looking forward for the 3X in 61 days !
Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the AMEX family!

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.