cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally...PenFed Promise Card approved.. Whoo Hoo!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally...PenFed Promise Card approved.. Whoo Hoo!

Hello Everyone. Smiley Happy

Well...first let me give a word to the wise...

Make sure all your T's are crossed and all your I's are dotted before applying for anything at PenFed (or NFCU for that matter)!.  These people are meticulous. I recently changed my mailing address and after I don't know how many certified documents later...they finally decided they had enough documentation that proved I am who I say am I.

I have to say, their staff is great and very helpful.  But after going back and forth only God knows how many times, I started to wonder...'Do I really need this card?' LOL!  But I decided to continue with the process and treat it as a learning experience.  Glad I did...was approved for 21k!  Whoo hoo!

One more application STILL in approval stage is NFCU.  These people are even more meticulous than PenFed.  They're even saying I may have to start the process all over and re-apply.  I hope not, but we will see where it goes.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind them making sure everything is on the up and up.  This is EXACTLY what I would want them to do if someone other than me was trying to open an account in my name...but since I am the actually person trying to open an account for myself - ever wonder how you would go about proving you are who you say you are?  Not as easy as you think!  Smiley Frustrated  Thank you Patriot Act (kinda Smiley Tongue ). 

I'm glad I did an app spree instead of spreading it out.  Apply'ing for CCs and following up can be a job in of itself!. 

I hope everyone else is having an *easy* app process. Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally...PenFed Promise Card approved.. Whoo Hoo!

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Everyone. Smiley Happy

Well...first let me give a word to the wise...

Make sure all your T's are crossed and all your I's are dotted before applying for anything at PenFed (or NFCU for that matter)!.  These people are meticulous. I recently changed my mailing address and after I don't know how many certified documents later...they finally decided they had enough documentation that proved I am who I say am I.

I have to say, their staff is great and very helpful.  But after going back and forth only God knows how many times, I started to wonder...'Do I really need this card?' LOL!  But I decided to continue with the process and treat it as a learning experience.  Glad I did...was approved for 21k!  Whoo hoo!

One more application STILL in approval stage is NFCU.  These people are even more meticulous than PenFed.  They're even saying I may have to start the process all over and re-apply.  I hope not, but we will see where it goes.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind them making sure everything is on the up and up.  This is EXACTLY what I would want them to do if someone other than me was trying to open an account in my name...but since I am the actually person trying to open an account for myself - ever wonder how you would go about proving you are who you say you are?  Not as easy as you think!  Smiley Frustrated  Thank you Patriot Act (kinda Smiley Tongue ). 

I'm glad I did an app spree instead of spreading it out.  Apply'ing for CCs and following up can be a job in of itself!. 

I hope everyone else is having an *easy* app process. Smiley Wink

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love Penfed, with your scores the 50K limit should not be an issue for you!!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.