Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally a CLI on Discover it!! Hallelujah!! 🙏🏻

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Finally a CLI on Discover it!! Hallelujah!! 🙏🏻

It's been 6 months and 1 week since I had any action at all from my Discover it cc! I bet I'm on the 6mo cli thing now 😢 I've had the it card for 2 1/2 yrs now. 

Anyway, asked online and it gave $300(wow!) , but thanks to These forums I know to immediately call a special number and ask for more, which I did.   Rep said he could give me an additional $700 and I said I'll take it! LOL!!  I've always thought that is so weird and stupid that you have to call in and get more. Why not just give it all to you online the first time? 🙄

Anyway... CL went from $6.3k to now $7.3k (this past month or so I've been using my it card a lot, with a big PIF payment coming to them in a few days, hoping to trigger a bigger cli, but it didn't help) 😢

I also have the Miles cc at $4.5k, with plans to combine them in November. (And yes, you can combine after your first card is a year old and the second card is more than 3 months old. I've been offered this twice now every time I call in for additional cli, but I decline it.....till November when Miles is a year old then I will. I still one more cli to squeak out of the Miles card first)! 😛

IMG_7560.JPG

Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Finally a CLI on Discover it!! Hallelujah!! 🙏🏻

21785i28A83A703392EAB8.gif

Message 2 of 47
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 3 of 47
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congrats!!! That gives me hope. I had $3k at 90 days, then two CLIs of only $500 the next two 90 day cycles. Now I'm at 5 months with nothing. Thanks for reminding me to mark it on my calendar to try the double-dip; glad that worked out for you! Also, it's really not a good idea to use Sharpie on your monitor.

Message 4 of 47
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Congrats!!! That gives me hope. I had $3k at 90 days, then two CLIs of only $500 the next two 90 day cycles. Now I'm at 5 months with nothing. Thanks for reminding me to mark it on my calendar to try the double-dip; glad that worked out for you! Also, it's really not a good idea to use Sharpie on your monitor.

LOL, seriously? ..I hope you're kidding!! Thats a pic I uploaded, after I did some adjusting..Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 47
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!  Least I know some CLI's are going out.  As you know my IT will be combined into my Miles next month and then closed out for many reasons as you know as well Smiley Happy.   CLI's still happen on MILES and are non-existent for many of us on the IT card.  Weird how they are treating the two cards differently between the Miles and IT card..  Then after my miles is done with double cash back for ifrst year will PC it back to an IT card with a heck of alot better apr then my current IT card and a way bigger limit, etc..  Discover is one odd duck.  There is more than one way to beat them at their own game, they don't understand how creative we can be Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 47
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Congrats!  Least I know some CLI's are going out.  As you know my IT will be combined into my Miles next month and then closed out for many reasons as you know as well Smiley Happy.   CLI's still happen on MILES and are non-existent for many of us on the IT card.  Weird how they are treating the two cards differently between the Miles and IT card..  Then after my miles is done with double cash back for ifrst year will PC it back to an IT card with a heck of alot better apr then my current IT card and a way bigger limit, etc..  Discover is one odd duck.  There is more than one way to beat them at their own game, they don't understand how creative we can be Smiley Happy

I like the way you think CC....just like me! LOL Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!
Message 8 of 47
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats, pizza! Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 47
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on CLI luck..finally!!

My last CLI success with Discover was also 6 months ago...2/14.   I tried just now and they aren't budging yet, but hopefully soon.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 10 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.