Not applicable

Re: Finally a CLI on Discover it!! Hallelujah!! 🙏🏻

Very nice! Congrats!!

Message 33 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats in the cli!!!

I'm stuck at 4700 since June and every CLI I've gotten has been little ones of $300,$500, or $700. I've had this card since 2014 as a student card (300 SL) and 680 Fico.

Since then, I've my TL and scores have increased to 76,900 and 752,748, 750 respectively. Highest CL is $19,300. Overall utilization is 10%. Also just got a CSP at $16,900 and my last new account was two year ago.

I'm debating on signing up for a new IT card in the hopes of getting a higher CL with discover, combing CL's after a year as it's evident that my current card is going to take a VERY long time to grow.

What should I do?
Message 34 of 47
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Get an AmexSmiley Wink
Message 35 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder why discover is being stingy with some? Not to brag, but the past 6 months they've been very generous to me. My cl has doubled from 5k to 10k.

Discover is an odd bird.
Message 36 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Avg Joe: that's who I have my $19k limit with LOL.

Discover is my only card that doesn't want to grow. I'm wondering if it's because I started out with a student card.

I've literally done every "trick" in the book. No usage, little usage then pay it once a month, and even gone up to 50% usage with a BT and paid in full months after and each time I STILL get the "Insufficient experience with current credit limit."

Message 37 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fortjay: what was your spend/payments like in the last six months?
Message 38 of 47
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, Discover is that duck from Duck Hunt, elusive as heck for most, great in the hands of Marty McFlySmiley Wink
Message 39 of 47
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Lol, Discover is that duck from Duck Hunt, elusive as heck for most, great in the hands of Marty McFlySmiley Wink

I just come here to read AJC posts so I can get my laugh of the day! Smiley LOL

No, but in all seriousness. I love me some Discover. I showed her love, and she's shown me love in return. I've been at my limit of $35,000 for awhile now, but that's okay with me because it grew from $3,500 in less than a year. I do use her heavily and remember I was at near 70% of my CL when I got a couple of my CLIs, but I was in my promo period, so I didn't care about that and neither did she. Maybe she thought I'd keep carrying a balance like that instead of PIF, IDK. If so, then jokes on her! Well, not really, it's my daily use CC and gets tons of swipes each month. So, win-win for both of us. I'm done asking for CLIs though and will instead just app for another it CC to see what type of limit I get now that I know I can combine the CCs. 

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 40 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.