cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally breaking through the credit barriers.

tag
traveler2005
Established Contributor

Finally breaking through the credit barriers.

Hi

Just thought I would share my great news. I think I am ready to let go of my credit one, applied bank , cap one cards x and a hand full of store cards. All of these cards were useful in there own way, and helped me crawl out of credit he!!. Don't get me wrong I am responsible for my past credit dilema.

About a month ago I paid my debt down from 75% to about 15%. My scores improved significantly. I have been approved for Salle mae, chase freedom and tonight I was approved for the CSP.I also got a 3000.00 cli on my care credit card I am so excited. Not trying to increase my credit availability, just improve the quality of my cards I don't mind paying an annual fee for rewards that are useful. But paying 16.00 a month for applied bank or 12.00 a month for credit one for basically no rewards except 1 % on gas doesn't make since to me. I ended up with a boat load of cap one cards that probably aren't going to grow. Top credit line is 3600 on the venture card that I was able to pc from quicksilverone. Will over time close the others. The only store cards that I plan to keep are kohls, Lowe's and overstock.com. I still am waiting for a few baddies to fall off credit report, but am happy for what I have achieved this past 4 years.

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally breaking through the credit barriers.

You have every reason to be proud! Congratulations. Your cards helped you to get where you are now. If you have no further use for them, get rid of them. 

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree with mrkite33 Smiley Happy Congrats on all your wonderful progress!
Message 3 of 19
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Message 4 of 19
traveler2005
Established Contributor

Thank you! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 8 of 19
MT936
Established Contributor

congrats!

Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice, congrats

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.