Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally done, Amex approved.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally done, Amex approved.

Waited the whole summer for my credit score to update so I could apply, and it went up 1 point lol. Don't trust Experian's score simulator.

Anyways, applied for Amex Everyday earlier yesterday and was auto approved. I actually had to look a few times and make sure it really didn't say denied in a nice way.

Only other card I have is a low tier USAA card I got 3 months ago. Score is in 720s across the 3, 724 on Experian.

Was only approved for $1k, but besides the high utilization I'd have to meet minimum spend bonus, I don't really care.

This is my last card unless I start traveling enough to justify $450+ annual fees.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally done, Amex approved.

Congrats!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Waited the whole summer for my credit score to update so I could apply, and it went up 1 point lol. Don't trust Experian's score simulator.

Anyways, applied for Amex Everyday earlier yesterday and was auto approved. I actually had to look a few times and make sure it really didn't say denied in a nice way.

Only other card I have is a low tier USAA card I got 3 months ago. Score is in 720s across the 3, 724 on Experian.

Was only approved for $1k, but besides the high utilization I'd have to meet minimum spend bonus, I don't really care.

This is my last card unless I start traveling enough to justify $450+ annual fees.

You might try for the PRG Charge while you're at it, you may still only get the 1 HP on Experian. I did the PRG & BCP (2 Approvals for 1 HP)  Love the PRG card and will help you rack up more points. Regardless, congrats on the approval! Getting in with Amex was one of my goals too. Treat them well and responsibly..Amex will be a great ally in your credit journey.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It felt so good to be accepted by AMEX! Congrats! 

Message 5 of 11
RBD22
New Contributor

Congrats!  I'm in the garden for the time being but I hope to get in with AMEX once I exit the garden.

STARTING SCORE: FICO as of 08/03/2015:
CURRENT SCORES: FICO as of 06/13/2023: ,
CK Vantagescores as of 06/13/2023: ,
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You might try for the PRG Charge while you're at it, you may still only get the 1 HP on Experian. I did the PRG & BCP (2 Approvals for 1 HP)  Love the PRG card and will help you rack up more points. Regardless, congrats on the approval! Getting in with Amex was one of my goals too. Treat them well and responsibly..Amex will be a great ally in your credit journey.

Thanks! I was actually considering the PRG too, but I don't want to pull a cash out and cancel on Amex for my first year.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It felt so good to be accepted by AMEX! Congrats! 

Yes, thank you! It's more of an ode to responsibility than anything.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RBD22 wrote:

Congrats!  I'm in the garden for the time being but I hope to get in with AMEX once I exit the garden.

Thanks! I'm sure you will. And maybe with all the CSR hype outshining them, they'll release something new worth waiting for.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly the perks of the card far outweigh the annual fee. Airline Credit, Transfering Points to other programs, there's a ton of flexibility that you just don't know until you're using the card.  The offers section too is pretty awesome. I've gotten bonus points and more, just by checking the offers section.  Got extra $ at best buy for a purchase I was already gonna make.  It's one of the very few cards that I'd say the annual fee is worth it (Chase CSP is the other) and usually you'll come out way ahead with even minor travel usage. The Amex PRG and Chase CSP are my two primary cards.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.