cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally got some Chase and PSECU love with tons of inquiries reporting!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally got some Chase and PSECU love with tons of inquiries reporting!

Long time lurker, and I can't thank these forums enough for the advice!  Started out with a dismal 520 Credit score in 2015, and have been rebuilding, but got greedy and opened WAY too many accounts in the last year and was stuck at a $2500 limit on my Cap 1 QS, $1200 Merrick Bank, $1500 Target, and $12000 Home Depot, and $1000 Amex Hilton plus a bunch of low limit rebuilders that I need to close, but no prime cards and no CLI due to an obscene number of inquiries (since summer 16, I have bought a house, refinanced a car, taken out a personal loan at DCU and apped for pretty much every prime card, giving a shot in the dark and figuring the inquiries would at least all age off together, not the smartest move, I know).  Anyways, my scores were 690 Ex, 700 TU, and 685 Eq with 1 late payment from 5 years ago (only reporting on Transunion) in December, and Chase, BOA, and Amex BCE all shot me down.  Scores went down to 669 Ex/665 TU, and 657 Ex in March, but really needed a card that I wouldn't max out having HVAC work done, so I checked the forums for approvals with excessive inquiries (and I don't mean a few, embarrassingly enough I have 40+ on TU and Ex and 21 on EQ)and decided that not much more harm could come from more inquiries at this point,  so I followed others' suggestion and sure enough, APPROVALS. Last week I was approved for the Chase IHG for 9K, and Ritz Carlton (high AF, but I travel a lot for work )for 10 K.  I have also been a member at PSECU for about 6 months but never used the account (got it to obtain credit products last fall and declined), so gave it a shot and more approvals!  10K Visa (required pay stubs), 10K signature loan, and 20 K auto approval (Chrysler financial also approved loan last week, but at an absurd 8%, I think it's around 2.49 at PSECU).  So there is hope with mediocre scores and good income!  Now off to the garden while i wait for these inquiries to age off!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally got some Chase and PSECU love with tons of inquiries reporting!

Welcome to myfico Nikki831, congratulations on your awesome approvals & your credit journey you've done a good job! 🙂
Message 2 of 5
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your success lately , credit it a learning experience . We live we learn. I done the same but not as much inquiries but most definitely too many accts for such a short time and now I'm just trying to garden and work on CLI of what I do got . And am in the process of closing secured cards and store accounts . You got some great new Ccs congrats , also what's your UTi
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My utilization is 20%.  I will be closing some store cards also.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.