Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally in With US Bank, Kroger Approval 1K

tag
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Finally in With US Bank, Kroger Approval 1K

Kinda a low limit to start out with but I'll take it. I'm also surprised it didn't take them as long to reach a decision.

I wonder if I should update my income with them as well when I get the card. Mine total taking household income into account is around 30K and I had something less on my initial app.

For anyone wanting to get in with US Bank, it really does help to already have a checking account with them or some other product of theirs as part of a existing relationship. Also I had a bunch of inquiries on my EQ report which is what they pulled from and I even tried this card like early last month and got denied eventually. The accounts that I have right now are older than they were last month obviously with my Amex Delta turning 6 months and all so I think that also helped. The woman on recon told me I'd be getting a card in the mail soon. I also live right near a Kroger so I guess I'll be using this card towards that occasionally.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
uswala
Senior Contributor

Re: Finally in With US Bank, Kroger Approval 1K

Congrats!

Message 2 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@chalupaman wrote:

Kinda a low limit to start out with but I'll take it. I'm also surprised it didn't take them as long to reach a decision.

I wonder if I should update my income with them as well when I get the card. Mine total taking household income into account is around 30K and I had something less on my initial app.

For anyone wanting to get in with US Bank, it really does help to already have a checking account with them or some other product of theirs as part of a existing relationship. Also I had a bunch of inquiries on my EQ report which is what they pulled from and I even tried this card like early last month and got denied eventually. The accounts that I have right now are older than they were last month obviously with my Amex Delta turning 6 months and all so I think that also helped. The woman on recon told me I'd be getting a card in the mail soon. I also live right near a Kroger so I guess I'll be using this card towards that occasionally.

Grats Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 13
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

Congrats! on getting in with them with the Kroger Visa.

I actually let a prequal offer for that card expire this summer that they mailed in hopes of going for the Cash+. They are my singlemost longest held CC. I have the plain jane cash rewards. Since they've nerfed the Cash+ i'm kinda in limbo and content to just ride it out to see if they might offer something else later in 2015.

Message 4 of 13
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

Congrats! on getting in with them with the Kroger Visa.

I actually let a prequal offer for that card expire this summer that they mailed in hopes of going for the Cash+. They are my singlemost longest held CC. I have the plain jane cash rewards. Since they've nerfed the Cash+ i'm kinda in limbo and content to just ride it out to see if they might offer something else later in 2015.

I'm thinking Club Carlson once I've had some history with US Bank for sure and if that doesn't work out, I guess I'll try to PC to the Cash + if possible cause I think they still have cell phone points or something.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 5 of 13
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank is tough. Congratulations on the approval.

Message 8 of 13
chalupaman
Super Contributor

I just checked this morning and the account is now listed complete with the 1K limit! Just like the recon person told me. I'm so happy that I didn't have to recon this card at all. They would have approved it even without me calling in. I'm probably gonna call them again so I can know what my APR is.

Message 9 of 13
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

Congrats ! 

I did my method a little opposite from you......(1) Kroger 1-2-3 (2) Checking account (3) Cash Rewards. I will likely keep the Kroger Visa because the bonus points that add up for discounted gasoline. Now that I have these 3 products, I am given access to other available offers that I didn't before !

SisterGirl
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.