Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally in with Bank of America

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally in with Bank of America

Decided to apply for the BofA Cash Rewards card today, was declined, but was counter offered with the 99/500 partially secured card. I was pretty happy about that because I've heard really great things about that card. Not the ultimate outcome I wanted, but it's my way in with BofA and still has cash back rewards. Also, since I bank with them, it's nice to expand my financial relationship with them as well. Looking forward to making this card grow later down the road.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally in with Bank of America

Congrats!! I started out with a partially secured card with BofA. It went unsecured in a year with an increase. BofA treats you good when you do the right thing. Enjoy it, use it, pay it off....good luck!!Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 15
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Well done.  BOA will grow!!

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 3 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

99/500 card, the LITTLE ENGINE THAT COULDSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval. BoAis about the only other bank I've yet to get in with
Message 5 of 15
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Its still a good outcome.. look at me..

approved 6/2016 

increase credit limit link appear... unsecured 11/16, CLI to $1K  PC platinum card to 321 rewards.

increase credit limit link appears again 3/17... SP CLI to $2.8K '

Wonder whats next for next month..?? Maybe another CLI link?

I have NO regrets at all on the 99//500 card. They have treated me very well!

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 6 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Next step for you fltireguy, will be a great cliSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your BoA cash rewards approval! 😊
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a question about this card for anyone who has experience with it ... It is the 3-2-1 rewards, and I noticed that it also offers an additional 10% cash back if the cash back is redeemed through a qualifying Bank of American Checking or Savings account. Now, this would be awesome because it turns this card into a 11, 12, and 13% cash back card! ... My question, however, is what does BofA consider a "qualifying" account? I have a checking with them, and would definitely be redeeming the cash back to be deposited into my checking for that extra 10% .... Anyone have any experience with this specific feature/offer? 

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually I answered my own question! I went to the submit form to act as if I was redeeming, and in the drop down menu I noticed that our joint checking account was listed with the 10% bonus next to it! ... Man, this card just got a lot better with that large of a cash back reward!!! 

IMG_4194.JPG

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.