Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally some approval!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally some approval!!

Hi all! I'm new here and I'd like to quickly share my experience so far. I was so bummed to get denied when I applied for the Chase Freedom and Barclays Mastercard(not enough reestablishment of credit). But after going through these forums, I read some great tips to start rebuilding my credit. I only had 2 credit cards, Credit One Bank with CL of $450 and Capital One Quicksilver with CL of $300(awesome card btw). I decided to try the shopping cart trick and got approved for Loft with CL $500, Express with CL $500 and J.Crew with CL of $500(requested a CLI after a little shopping and was approved, now $800). I thought this was fantastic and they were all SP on my reports. I decided to check out MyPoints Visa and got instantly approved with CL of $750!! I was so impressed, now I have another Visa with a higher CL. Now time to lay low and let the building begin. I'm going to continue gaining knowledge from these forums on how to stay on the right track. I'm glad to be here!  

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
jacetx
Valued Contributor

Re: Finally some approval!!

Congrats on your approvals! Good luck in your rebuilding journey.

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all! I'm new here and I'd like to quickly share my experience so far. I was so bummed to get denied when I applied for the Chase Freedom and Barclays Mastercard(not enough reestablishment of credit). But after going through these forums, I read some great tips to start rebuilding my credit. I only had 2 credit cards, Credit One Bank with CL of $450 and Capital One Quicksilver with CL of $300(awesome card btw). I decided to try the shopping cart trick and got approved for Loft with CL $500, Express with CL $500 and J.Crew with CL of $500(requested a CLI after a little shopping and was approved, now $800). I thought this was fantastic and they were all SP on my reports. I decided to check out MyPoints Visa and got instantly approved with CL of $750!! I was so impressed, now I have another Visa with a higher CL. Now time to lay low and let the building begin. I'm going to continue gaining knowledge from these forums on how to stay on the right track. I'm glad to be here!  

Congratulations!...Thanks For Sharing.Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 19
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats awesome and congrats! We all have to start with small limits but if you garden them it works!

Message 5 of 19
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 19
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on your new cards! i hope you use credit one card wisely so you don't end up paying them more than you use it.

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on that.

Now do what I can't seem to do and garden!

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.