tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally some love from Penfed!

Nice! Congrats. I'll get there one day 😂
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally some love from Penfed! - UPDATE!!

Just want to provide another update..... Yesterday I decided to give penfed a call to combine the Platinum and Promise. I really didnt need so many cards so decided why not. I was still within the 90 days so I asked if once they are combined, I can request a cli. Rep told me she can put the request right now so she did... The promise was increased to 13k!!! She later combined the 2 cards and was sitting at a total of 18K! Matched my NFCU card in not even 90 days!!! Anyway, I kept talking to the rep as she processed everything and I rememered I was denied for the LOC. I decieded to give it a go and she puts me on hold..... Comes back and says if I lower my new 18k limit to 15k, They will give me the LOC for 3k..... YES!!

Penfed rocks!!!

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally some love from Penfed! - UPDATE!!

Nice job on your progress. Sounds like you're treating them well too. Keep it up. I got in with $5000 over 90 days ago. I have a BT I'm carrying but I'm hopeful I'll get some love myself as I keep paying that down. 

Message 13 of 15
padme
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just want to share my success!

I became a member of penfed back in July 2016. I app'd for the promise visa and it denied, recon'd and decision stayed. My nextgen was about 633 if im not mistaken at the time. Yesterday, I decided what the heck and apply again. I called and I first app'd for the platinum cash rewards and it was sent to a LO. The rep put me on hold and came back with an approval for a $1,500. Sad but Im in the door. Then I decided to app for a used auto refi with the same hard pull. Put me on hold again and came back with another approval at 3.45% for 60 months! He suggested the LOC but that was unfountely denied. I tried to recon the limit on the card since I have a NFCU card at $18,000 and the denial on the LOC but no luck on both. Did the survey, got a call and no luck. I got the denial message today and my current nextgen is 693.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It took me a few tries also, i got a small SL also. After survey i ended getting a second card, a Gold card, with a limit of 20% of the  1st one. Weird i know. now between the two, limits around 10k now after just 6 months. along with a checking savings and an overdraft loan thingie.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats one the LOC and new SL!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.