Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerhut CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fingerhut CLI

So I emailed Fingerhut yesterday (March 3, 2010) and inquired about CLI's. I know they just switched servicing banks so I asked how often they give out CLI's. I get an email today (March 4, 2010) at 12:20 and this is what they said:

Dear Customer:

We have received your request for a credit line increase on your Fingerhut credit account issued by MetaBank.

Regrettably, we are not increasing credit lines at this time.

However, we do review accounts periodically. As long as your account is in good standing, you may be eligible for a credit line increase in the future.

Please refer to your latest statement for your current credit line.

Sincerely,

Fingerhut Credit Services

The funny thing about this is, I just logged into my account and I have a $1000 CL. Yesterday it showed a $500 CL.

Just goes to show, the banks dont even know their CLI policies.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fingerhut CLI

And of course my statement ending date was yesterday. So I will have to wait another month to see if this will help my fico's.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the increase bring your total utilization to below 10%? If not, it would probably not have any effect at all.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its already below 10%. Last update I was at 3% utilization. Im looking at it from the stand point of, all 3 credit cards gave me CLI's this month, only $100 each, but thats another $300 of available credit, and then Fingerhut gave me another $500 of available credit.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So I emailed Fingerhut yesterday (March 3, 2010) and inquired about CLI's. I know they just switched servicing banks so I asked how often they give out CLI's. I get an email today (March 4, 2010) at 12:20 and this is what they said:

Dear Customer:

We have received your request for a credit line increase on your Fingerhut credit account issued by MetaBank.

Regrettably, we are not increasing credit lines at this time.

However, we do review accounts periodically. As long as your account is in good standing, you may be eligible for a credit line increase in the future.

Please refer to your latest statement for your current credit line.

Sincerely,

Fingerhut Credit Services

The funny thing about this is, I just logged into my account and I have a $1000 CL. Yesterday it showed a $500 CL.

Just goes to show, the banks dont even know their CLI policies.

Congratulations on the CLI!

Did they recently switch from CIT bank to Metabank?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, they just made the transistion to MetaBank. in the last 2 months.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

the funny thing is about this i just did the same thing just to see what would happen. and i got the same letter the orginator of this forum got..and i also got a 400.00 increase..i guess i will try it again in a few months and see what happens..

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.