Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerhut CLI

tag
jamevfan
Frequent Contributor

Re: Fingerhut CLI

Ive only charged twice in the amount of 150.00 and PIF within 2 months. Its been sonce june 2016 since ive used it and they extended this new CLI

Current Ficos as of 01/2017 Equifax 640, Transunion 690 Experian 690 Mortgage middle score of 677
Message 11 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol ! @ jamevfan, that temp cli was the begining of the end for me . Once i got that i knew i was done with my FH and it was time to move on. Its good and all but i didnt want to be forced to buy more than im willing to buy with them for sake of getting a higher cli. My view was and is, if ive earned it give it to me permanently especially as i had a stellar buy and pay tecord with them.

Geekmama, there is no requirement on how much you got to buy but if you only buy something for $50 when the temporary cli term ends your cli will stay at your original plus the $50.
Message 12 of 20
Creditbuilder36
Frequent Contributor

Awesome Smiley Wink congrats on the increase
Message 13 of 20
jamevfan
Frequent Contributor

I agree averagejoe i cant cancel for the next 4 months as we will be closing on a house and we are in the mortgage process now sooo i will be doing some cleaning of the cards when its all over and by then i should be out of subprome cards, making room for prime hopefully but fingerhut is good for rebuilding and i appreciate them and capital one for giving me the opportunity.
Current Ficos as of 01/2017 Equifax 640, Transunion 690 Experian 690 Mortgage middle score of 677
Message 14 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

No doubt, regardless of outside opinions, ill always have nice things to say about my Fingerhut experience. They get the job done in that they help establish credit and at least one should know what they are getting with them unlike maybe one of the predator xards that charge you fees for everything.

Congrats on hopefully closing on your house. I wish i had access to Cap One on my rebuild as they seem solid and a very helpful understanding bank. There aint no shame in my game lol to be proud to say i had FH in my rebuild. Eventually we all get the point of having to let go as we progress through the cycles of credit. Only oneself knows when that isSmiley Wink
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the CLI. I just took a look at my account and I don't see an increase, yet. I'm happy that FingerHut is in the habit or increasing credit limits so soon.

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Id like to tell you all about my Jorney with Fingerhut. I was approved for 200 back in 2013... I bought some towels, and little things for the house..Made 2 payments then paid in full. after doing that I decided to use the automatic payments to make the payments.  A few months later was moved up to 800 CL. Bought a few things, and almost maxed it out. But I was having them take way more A WEEK than monthly for payments. I was paying tipple what my payments were WEEKLY! Now after doing that I was bumped up to 2,200...Again ordered almost 1800 in merchandise, did the same with payments (Say it was 50 a month, Id pay 60 a week! thats 240 a month) Finally ordered one last time and spent half of my credit limit. Paid that over about 7 months. By the time I paid that off, I was at 4,750 CL with them. I still have credit with them, but trying to buy a house, and keping my debt low for the moment. But i thought Id share my story!   And yes they report!!    Fingerhut got me started with my credit when no one else would0 As like I just stated, im trying to buy a house.. So my credit is actually pretty good!!   Started with a 403 credit score :-(  Now almost 4 years later im in the 700 club :-)    Hope this helps!!

Message 17 of 20
peghede
Valued Contributor

I still have mine  since 2008,sl $500  and got increase like in 2009 for $200, now cl $700 ,i only used it once the card, last time i used it was in 2011 for $26 and pif , about a week ago got a letter saying to use the card by end of dec 2016 or account will close.So i just use it again today for $17.lol

Message 18 of 20
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

My Fingerhut SL was 300 now my limit is $4747.00 yes a odd number limit 4747 lol. I been a cardholder since 4 to 5 years now. I don't use it much anymore unless I find something on clearence or very good sale to keep it active

Message 19 of 20
peghede
Valued Contributor

Just check my acc, now it shows fico 8  score.nice

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.