Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerhut credit increase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fingerhut credit increase

Hey guys just an update, I received a credit limit increase from Fingerhut last week. I went from a 250 to 500 dollar limit. I graduated the fresh start program in April. So it took 5 months to get the automatic increase. I'm not complaining. My scores at the time of the increase are 580's 590's due to very high utilization on my other cards.
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fingerhut credit increase

Congrats! I just got a $400 increase on mine, Fingerhut can grow in time to around $2,000 from what I've read on here.
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats! I just got a $400 increase on mine, Fingerhut can grow in time to around $2,000 from what I've read on here.

Even higher. Mine is currently at $2800 and change, and they send me CLI offers every couole/few months; I don't accept, though, because the offer is that they'll increase my limit by the amount of my purchases during a specific time frame. Not worth buying things I don't need just to get a CLI.

And my scores aren't great, so I'm sure others have even higher limits. 

Message 3 of 19
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Congrats on the auto love! The additional limit should help with your Util and maybe your CSs will see a nice bump. Good luck on your continued rebuild. 

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 4 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice job, i got mine up to $2100 before the but this amount for permanent increase game began lol. I finished at $1800 and continued my rebuild elsewhereSmiley Wink. FH has a nice place in my heart for their help in my re uildSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 19
peghede
Valued Contributor

i know some one with this card with $7800 credit line..scary.

Message 6 of 19
dlm0820
Contributor

If I was you, I wouldn't be going around telling people about that.

You can do much better than Finger**ut.

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dlm0820 wrote:

If I was you, I wouldn't be going around telling people about that.

You can do much better than Finger**ut.

Respectfully disagree. Fingerhut can be an excellent opportunity for someone who needs to establish or reestablish their credit. One shouldn't look down on others for trying to better themselves. There should be no shame in it; let he who is without sin cast the first stone. 

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel a certain loyalty to them because they gave me credit when no one else would, however their prices are just too high, and the fact that their “monthly” FICO credit score is habitually a month behind, is really starting to frustrate me. Once I’ve paid off my current balance with them, I probably won’t order from them again. 

Message 9 of 19
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats on your CLI

I recently closed my Fingerhut account after having it open for 5 years. Usually got a bump once a year.

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.