Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First APP Spree (after home closing)

tag
caldwell1031
Established Member

First APP Spree (after home closing)

Me in this order

Credit - most recent: EQ 682, TU 726 (source: myfico) older: EQ 667, TU 716,EX 702 (source mortgage pull 3/2014)

BOA: auto CLI on a secured card from $300 to $1800 (a nice surprise) I'm testing my luck and initiated a CLI request 7-10 day message received

NFCU nrewards: $500 tried to recon the CL was told no

NFCU NavCheck: $15,000

Lowes: $2,000 recon credit solutions asked for $8,000 & approved with no hesitation

Home Depot: ? Needs additional review

Walmart Discover: Temporary CL of $800

Barclays Rewards: $1,500

Best Buy: Declined

Capital One previously Orchard: How I hate this account - $500 CL - opened in 4/2012 always make good use of the card and always PIF leaving a $20+ balance to post and then pay the remaining balance the day after the statement posts. I have tried to get CLI often and they always decline it. In 1/2014 I received an auto $50 CLI (WOW). In 3/2014 went to the EO asking for an increase declined. Yesterday asked for another CLI declined because wait for it..... I recently received an increase (the $50 in 1/2014)

Husband in this order

Credit - source mortgage pull 3/2014 EQ 640,TU 716,EX 694

NFCU NavCheck: $15,000

NFCU nrewards: $12,000

Lowes: $500 recon to ask for a higher CL asked for $10,000 they countered with $5,000

Home Depot: $500

NFCU Auto: $10,000 @ 3.49% for 48 months

John Deere FInancial: $12,000 @ 0% for 60 months (installment)

Discover IT: Declined BUT offered to apply for a joint account (wasn't sure if we wanted the double ding so we didn't proceed)

PayPal rewards: $800

Best Buy: declined

Best Buy surprises me neither one of us got approved. This would be a nice card for us we spend a ton of money there to the tune of being Elite plus reward members. The local BB manager knows us because of our frequent shopping and is always wheeling and dealing with us. When he sees us walk in the store he asks “Did you bring your goats in to trade?”, because we're always making him reduce the price on something before we buy it, but we get some GREAT deals.

It was a great few days for us! Now we'll just be letting the accounts age and inquiries age off and we should be on the road to 800 I hope Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Sunshinebiz
New Contributor

Re: First APP Spree (after home closing)

Congrats! On the house and on adding some great cards to the lineup. Home depot and best buy both are funny beasts now a days. Home depot used to be great years ago before they switched banks. I was approved for 5k with them without even batting an eye. Now a days I see a lot of struggle with people even with great credit getting more than small limits if anything at all. 

But congrats again; things looking good!

Gardening spree went on hiatus but I think it paid off. Now back at it!
Building slowly but surely. Thank you to all members of this community for all the invaluable advice.
Latest that I know of: EX- 671, EQ- 653 TU- 648
Amex Green, Barclay Rewards MC, Cap1 Platinum, Cap1 Quicksilver, Credit One(closed!), WalMart, Amazon, DCU Platinum Visa, Jared Credit, Cap1 Spark business cash back, AMEX corporate Gold, Alliant CU Plat Visa, Suncoast FCU Plat Rewards Visa

Goals by end of January: Amex TE Costco, Amex BCE
Can it be done? It wasn't done by end of Jan, but it's still coming
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome... feels good to have the house and credit cards just in case. Congrats!
Message 3 of 12
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats to both of you OP :clapping:

Message 5 of 12
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 6 of 12
Josh2942
Established Contributor

The best buy card is a Citi backed card and they probably don't like all those INQs. It is a great card tho. Elite status plus 10% promotion they are doing equals about 12pts per dollar. After my new computer purchases I got 200 dollars back in elite rewards! Call the best buy recon number. I'm surprised you didn't get at least the store card. I know the mastercard is harder to get. But the store card is much more generous with limits plus the points are amazing. And everyday 6-12-18-24 month financing is pretty amazing.
Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 7 of 12
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@Josh2942 wrote:
The best buy card is a Citi backed card and they probably don't like all those INQs. It is a great card tho. Elite status plus 10% promotion they are doing equals about 12pts per dollar. After my new computer purchases I got 200 dollars back in elite rewards! Call the best buy recon number. I'm surprised you didn't get at least the store card. I know the mastercard is harder to get. But the store card is much more generous with limits plus the points are amazing. And everyday 6-12-18-24 month financing is pretty amazing.

+1 Citi really doesn't like the amount of INQs that might have accrued from the mortgage process. And congrats on the APP spree!!

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 8 of 12
baller4life
Super Contributor

Nice spree!! Congrats to you both!
Message 9 of 12
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

Wow both of you did very good! Congrats!!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.