Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First AmEX BCP 3x CLI!!!

tag
hubison97
Established Member

First AmEX BCP 3x CLI!!!

Hello,

I just thought I'd share that I got my first BCP 3x CLI yesterday!  I'm rebuilding my credit and started out with a small CL of 1k.  Now my limit is 3k and I'm thrilled...baby steps!  I did it online and it was super easy...I literally was approved as soon as I clicked the request button.  Last month I closed at a zero balance and I'm going to aim to do that every month until it's time to request the next CLI in six months.  So far I'm loving AmEx.  They don't post their Cash Back rewards as quickly as the BOA Cash Back card but that's my only complaint.  My BOA is secured and my next goal is to see if I can get it converted and ask for an increased CL.  I'm hoping the recent CLI increases on my AmEX & a store card plus my spotless payment history will be convincing.  Wish me luck!  I'm also considering going for the DiscoverIT card...I'm pretty sure I'll be approved I just don't want to be locked into another high APR.  Does anyone know if Discover is good about lowering APRs after you've had the card for some time?

FICO - 729, Transunion - 705, Experian - 724

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: First AmEX BCP 3x CLI!!!

Congrats on the 3X CLI

After a year you can request the forms from Discover for an APR reduction  

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 20
hubison97
Established Member

Thanks!  Appreciate the Discover info!

Message 3 of 20
acb5456
Regular Contributor

Myjourney: you do not have to wait a full year for an APR reduction with discover nor do they send you any papers. I did an online chat and had it lowered from 24.99% to 20.24% in about 3 seconds last month, and have had the card since May of 2014.
Chase Sapphire: $10,000 | Amex BCE: $15,000 | BofA Cash Rewards WMC: $15,000 | Discover IT: $15,000

FICO: TU-793 (Discover), EX-805 (Amex), EQ-790
Message 4 of 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

@acb5456 wrote:
Myjourney: you do not have to wait a full year for an APR reduction with discover nor do they send you any papers. I did an online chat and had it lowered from 24.99% to 20.24% in about 3 seconds last month, and have had the card since May of 2014.

That's interesting because everyone else has had to ask for the papers wait for snail mail, fill them out and return 

It would seem you were the exception 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Lowering-APRs/m-p/2685385/highlight/true#M767253

I saw this case but also some have had luck other ways as well 

Guess it's the YMMV 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@hubison97 wrote:

They don't post their Cash Back rewards as quickly as the BOA Cash Back card but that's my only complaint. 

Congratulations on the CLI.   Amex posts their cash back rewards slower than anyone else.  Much much slower....

Message 6 of 20
hubison97
Established Member

Oh ok.  Thanks, that's good to know! 

@acb5456 wrote:

Message 7 of 20
acb5456
Regular Contributor

I may be an exception but it was as easy as could be. Simple online chat, boom done. And I highly doubt I'm in their top tier of customer base to allow this. I use the card occasionally, paying in full, but have run less than $5,000 through the card since I opened the account. So I would bet that a lot of people would be pleasantly surprised to have the same situation as I encountered.
Chase Sapphire: $10,000 | Amex BCE: $15,000 | BofA Cash Rewards WMC: $15,000 | Discover IT: $15,000

Message 8 of 20
acb5456
Regular Contributor

Meant to say 2013 in last posts!

Message 9 of 20
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

WTG Congrats on your full 3x CLI!  You'll be so close to that $10k club in no time after your next 3x CLI, enjoy your new limit.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.